Did anyone else have a crush on a character?

I said in another thread I have a friend crush on Emily. Like, nothing dirty, she just seems cool and fun and I want to go to karaoke with her and then watch cheesy movies and have snacks.

19 Likes

Kevin Murphy. I said it.

15 Likes

As a teen, my older sister had a fleeting crush on Tom Petty from the cover of Damn the Torpedoes… 'til she saw a profile pic of Tom’s noble nasal rudder and passed the LP down to me.

3 Likes

Pish, how preposterous, as a possessor of a prominent proboscis I must profoundly protest.

11 Likes

I loved that movie but hated the dub for reducing the one–the ONLY–Baba Yaga to “hunchbacked fairy.” Show a little respect, mortals!

9 Likes

I’ve definitely got it bad for MegaSynthia (my beloved). I’d make a terrible test subject because I’d always follow her around yelling “STEP ON ME MOMMY!” and they’d have to toss me out the airlock.
But then I saw Last of the Wild Horses and Evil Mike and…just loves me some deranged villians I guess.

8 Likes

There’s a Baba Yaga character in the Studio Ghibli short, Mr Dough and the Egg Princess, which is officially only viewable at the Ghibli Museum. It is a seriously weird story, even by Studio Ghibli standards. And Baba Yaga seems to have walrus tusks.

5 Likes

I’m watching the latest MST3K experiment, and Maura Monti as the Batwoman is a sizzler, masked or not!

9 Likes

Critter from Girl in Gold Boots. Because if I squint he can look like a squishier Paul Rudd and also cuz he was the only decent human being in that whole movie.

Against my better judgement…also found myself a little too entertained by Nick Moon in Demon Squad. Started out loathing him at the beginning, by the second act he had really grown on me. I do have a weakness for the scumbag-with-a-heart-of-gold type of character, for sure.

9 Likes

Cleolanta can cleo-planta her lips on mine any time she wants…

And Jeanne from Bloodlust is an absolute cutie.

11 Likes

Yeah, pretty much all of them.

You know, “pretty much.” I do have some standards.

Good call on the brunette from Bloodlust. I remember her!

And the beatnik chick from … Bert I. Gordon … the tiny people the doll maker made with some overhead projecter … whatever. Rifftrax did that one.

I mean, you know, full size would be preferable…actually, probably necessary, for the five-six-inch tall woman…yep, I’m going to say that’s necessary.

Violent Years, the main gal before she got all pinko commie and stuff.

And I think Betty from HS Big Shot had it going on, in kind of a fake Ava Gardner ca. 1946 kind of way.

And so many more.

What’s his name’s main squeeze from Spider Island: I think she had the right stuff.

Art Carney! Rip Torn! Nick Nolte fresh from prison!

Oh, wait, those were secrets. Forget I said anything.

4 Likes

That was Attack of the Puppet People.

3 Likes

No. No one else had a crush on a character. You are all a bunch of weirdos.

I mean, maybe.

5 Likes

as I’ve always said, Space Mutiny’s worst crime is it’s editing. There’s a perfectly average 80s sci-fi film lurking in that footage…

9 Likes

I would love to be introduced to Sherri Bellefonte Harper as well.

Caroline Munro in the no brainer. Seeing Starcrash in the theaters with her in it made me realize there was something to females after all. I had no idea of what it was at the time, but there was a definite fascination with them.

6 Likes

And now we have a whole new season of crushes, like

ezgif-7-9d085b67f56e

Or a little something for the ladies

mst3k-santo-perico

9 Likes

“Sandra” from Bloodlust!. Pretty good. A hard-edged broad, and a real tough cookie.

She’s crafty, and she’s just my type!

Mmmmm…mmmm…mmmm!

Or, failing that, I’m on team Mikey from Teen/Strangler. Oh yeah, baby. Do I swing that way? No. But I can make an exception! But only for Mikey. He knows how to smell cushions and steal a bicycle, just the kind of sugar papa likes.

6 Likes

Oh how I adore sweet Valeria! She’s so damn cute, even if she can’t pronounce any English words in any way, shape, or form!

8 Likes

The girl from “The Selling Wizard”

12 Likes

Who doesn’t love a person who knows so much about cold storage?

5 Likes