Digging the Standees and Ticket art

I used to work in a video store and a movie theater, and I loved the standees, would always try to be the one to put them together (and there were some crazy, elaborate ones). Love the color and art, and am so glad to see them in the lobby.

I also still have a collection of old ticket stubs, so that’s another neat part of the Plex too…

…and part of the fun, looking forward to the shows of course, but also to seeing what the art looks like for the next round of experiments.

So use this thread to sing the praises of Standees and Tickets.

Here are the first 2 standees.

So very nice (Oh, and can you tell me who did the art and designs on these? @Lesley or @ivan or anyone associated with the show?

Can’t wait to see what 1302 looks like.

21 Likes

But does 1302 have a character with a reddish cloak to continue the top of standee theme?

4 Likes

They are glorious!! The art is amazing.

6 Likes

The character art for this round was by Gary Glover, initial design by Mike Norton, and then design and production for Gizmoplex was me, with feedback from Matt, Joel and Lesley. So… Pretty much the exact process and people we used for the show!

27 Likes

My compliments to all involved, I love these standees and the moviehouse art/style in general!

I hope that there will be some kind of archive where these are all kept so that we can peruse them long after the fact.

11 Likes

Any chance there will be prints available of the Gizmoplex art or with the prices of paper & printing is it likely to not break even?

(Yes, I did check Mike Norton’s Cadence Art page in case any of his development work had surfaced.)

9 Likes

Wait, Mike Norton? Revival’s Mike Norton? Cool (Revival was one of my all-time favorite series)

REVIVAL — Mike Norton (ihatemike.com)

And thanks for the response Ivan, and kudos to all involved. That’s some nice work.

9 Likes

I prefer to think of him as Battle Pug’s Mike Norton.

6 Likes

It’s a good question! We’re open to it, I think, but it’s a question of our legal rights relative to each movie and title, since in a lot of cases, we may not have the required merch or licensing rights to profit off a movie’s logo, actor’s likeness, etc.

11 Likes

Battlepug wasn’t my thing, but yeah that seems to be a go-to for him.

I was more into Revival and his work on It Girl and the Atomics.

tumblr_mov4xqXBpy1rov42mo1_500

4 Likes

I forgot that he did It Girl. I love anything Mike Allred-associated.

4 Likes

Yeah, those are beautiful. Certainly better than they got when the films opened

6 Likes

I love the standees. They really liven up the “theater” vibe.

9 Likes

Can there be some plans made to have a gallery or showcase to visit those standees in the Gizmoplex? It would be a shame for them to disappear permanently as they rotate out for new events.

16 Likes

Funny that Max was reading Battlepug in this episode. :grinning:

And the Atlantis standee looks rather Mike Norton-esque.

Speaking of art… are y’all enjoying the papermations? (is this Norton, or Glover?)

16 Likes

I’m loving the papermations.

13 Likes

I just want to collect all the ticket stubs and have them on my wall. :tickets::waxing_gibbous_moon:

6 Likes

The new standees are, indeed, Mike Norton! And the papermation is neither Gary nor Mike, but another artist Joel worked with before the Kickstarter launched. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Two more for the collection!

14 Likes

@optiMSTie posted this at the May Vault Picks thread. They are really cool (and pretty in red), so let’s add them to our art collection.

From the VHX site (from optiMSTie)

and how they look in the Gizmoplex cooler

11 Likes