Discuss the movies for Season 13 (plus viewing poll)

Dare I suggest that this might be a movie made in the style of Gremlins?

3 Likes

I haven’t seen any of them, though if Robot Wars is anything like Robot Jox it’ll cause some deep hurting. My friend went to see Robot Jox the Friday night it opened and he was the only person in the theater and is still traumatized by it to this very day.

3 Likes

It’s a semi-sequel to Robot Jox. It’s from the same production company, has a similar plot, and some of the same actors (although in different roles). I guess you could call it a remake. Made 3 years later.

2 Likes

This is getting ridiculous

1 Like

What is?

2 Likes

Same for me as well. Although I’m excited for this lineup.

2 Likes

4 Likes

When MST3K leaked that Robot Wars would be part of S13, I watched it. It has a similar look to Robot Jox when it comes to the machinery (not a bad thing overall).
And Barbara Crampton is in it!

2 Likes

A thread already exists for that post. :wink:

2 Likes

Leaving aside the second (or in Su-Maru’s case third) dips, I’ve seen Robot Wars and Doctor Mordrid - did a group watch some months ago, in a better timeline Jeffrey Combs would’ve starred in an actual Doctor Strange movie. I remember reading about The Mask 3D when the Jim Carrey movie came out.

2 Likes

Big question I have: is Doctor Mordrid better than that 70s Doctor Strange TV movie?

3 Likes

At first, I thought The Batwoman was the same film as The Wild Wild World of Batwoman, but no, it is not.

3 Likes

Although they both have links to Mexican cinema because The Wild, Wild World of Batwoman takes some of its scenes from a Mexican wrestling movie. One of the reasons it’s so disjointed.

The Batwoman is just a Mexican movie.

3 Likes

I wonder if The Batwoman had legal problems from DC Comics?

3 Likes

I haven’t seen any of the films announced, or at least I have no memory of seeing them. It looks like a good mix, I’m looking forward to seeing what’s what.

2 Likes

In a better timeline, he’d be played by Vincent Price at least once.

2 Likes

I saw the dubbed version that was on the El Rey network in their Lucha Libre slot on Saturday nights. Don’t know if they are still running those movies in that slot. I saw a bunch of them – including several El Santo flicks – about a year ago, including this one twice. All of the films were dubbed into English, which sounded funny but I would rather they were subtitled.

3 Likes

Watched the trailer for Christmas Dragon the other day and there’s just something I find amusing about fantasy realms that inexplicably have their own Santa Claus.

5 Likes

So Rifftrax did …Sumaru in 2019 - I tagged it as “Good.” They did The Shape Of Things To Come in Feb 2020 (nice timing) and I tagged it “Great.” (There’s a scene where they’re trying to pantomime floating in space that… well… ya just gotta see it to believe it.)

I wonder if the writers have watched the Rifftrax episodes of these two, at least to make sure they don’t duplicate riffs. That would be kinda embarrassing.

The other 11 I’m very excited for as well, although that Demon Squad? I don’t know, it looks a bit like they’re TRYING to make a bad movie, which is a comedy destroyer IMHO.

I will just have to trust Joel on THAT one!

2 Likes

I have a lot of 3D DVDs in the old ‘field sequential’ format, and I also have ‘The Bubble’. I don’t have ‘The Mask’ but I have seen it.