Disney's At It Again...

Folks, now that they’ve gotten their hooks into all the Stephen Sondheim properties*, I’m more diffident about life and culture on this planet than ever.

In particular, I’m not looking forward to their take on Sweeney Todd .

Do you think sending them a strongly worded tweet would help? :thinking:

* “Remember: I made this all up”

2 Likes

Well Warner Bros had their take on it. It’s only fair for the Mouse to get a crack at it too.

2 Likes

Well, I hope they at least go through with Catherine Zeta-Jones for Nellie Lovett’s voice. At least then the singing will be decent. (Lansbury has already said thanks but no thanks because she’s enjoying her retirement too much.)

Man, the list of people I have to kill once I get a time machine just keeps getting longer and longer.

3 Likes

Please take pity on me and spare my life. It was either this or go turn the compost bin.

1 Like

Oh, I’m not going after you. You may still end up stranded in one of those alternate “butterfly effect” timelines however, where ducks have legal personhood or the only cereal is Grape Nuts.

2 Likes

Grape Nuts™ > Special K™

1 Like

“You have intruded on sacred lands and now must choose: death or Grape Nuts.”
“I’ll take death.”
“Very well, death by Grape Nuts!”

4 Likes

Ducks are an even crueler people than chickens. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

That’s as much of the “death or bunga-bunga” joke I dare paraphrase on this forum. :grin:

2 Likes

You’re fine. I’m sadly already acquainted with that one. :scream_cat:

2 Likes

Not too intimately, one hopes.

Nah. I don’t like to travel. I never even leave the house unless I’m out of Grape Nuts™.

I, for one, despise Disney

2 Likes

They might have trouble now, given that there’s an actual hair salon called Sweeney Todd Hair that’s not only been in business for years, but has been so successful that they’ve opened a second location.

1 Like