DIY Drinking Game For Riffers (AKA Steve)

“That’d make a good drinking game. Every time he says, ‘CABOT!’ you could take a drink!!”

This kind of overlaps with the thread about running gags, but I hope not fatally so. What MST3K-related thing would you choose for your post-Covid affair’s drinking game? (Rifftrax and other spin-offs also eligible. Feel free to give details for we who might not know those so well.)

My new one is: Drink every time some bozo on YouTube whines about how * ~ * “woke” * ~ * the show is now. :roll_eyes:

(And I hope my body doesn’t ultimately reject my new Official Vend-A-Gut™ Liver. But if it does, it was a treat knowing you all. Except you.)

12 Likes

Is it episode specific? Or are we looking for continuity throughout episodes?

3 Likes

:thinking: Hadn’t even considered that.

Aw, heck! If you can make the latter work, I say give it a whirl! All that booze out there isn’t gonna’ drink itself.

4 Likes

We’re all drinking Sprite, just so we’re all clear here.

[looks around the room, nods]

4 Likes

Just glad it’s not the knockoff version. I get enough Spite™ in daily life already. :dizzy_face:

7 Likes

Did someone say sprite?

EnxTKI2VgAEK6Of

13 Likes

I learn these things the hard way.

[glances over at his stockpile of Mountain Don’t™]

6 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DRINKING

[whistles]

9 Likes

Well the first thing that came to mind was This Island Earth drink (sip…if you do shots, you’ll be dead) every time someone says “Cal!”

If we’re doing on-going, you’d have to focus on the host segments. Take a shot if someone is cross-dressing? Take a shot if they destroy something!

8 Likes

Drink every time a riffer says “Ted Nelson” or “Doctor Ted Nelson” in The Incredible Melting Man.

Or don’t, because the human body wasn’t meant to take on that much fluid in one sitting.

7 Likes

So awkward, explaining to everyone in AA that you can’t have crackers because they endanger your quest for the month-long sobriety badge. [sigh]

6 Likes

Do you want alcohol poisoning? Because that’s how you get alcohol poisoning.

10 Likes

Drink every time the riffers name-check “Manos”

12 Likes

For werewolf, drink every time someone’s accent or hair changes.

15 Likes

… the Hands of Fate?

8 Likes

Night of the Blood Beast

Take a drink for every time the crew gets confused which cast member is Steve, name checks Steve, or blames Steve for something…

…try not to die.

13 Likes

Oh crap…lol!

4 Likes

NOT EVERYBODY IS NAMED STEVE!

13 Likes

THAT’S EXACTLY THE TYPE OF THING STEVE WOULD SAY!

12 Likes

And the Steves are there!

4 Likes