Do You Buy Episodes on the Gizmoplex?

I shelled out for the Ultimate Collection during the last Kickstarter, too. And Season 12. I already had access to Season 11 from the first Kickstarter. But if there are any episodes that are currently available that don’t fall into those various collections, I would definitely pay for it now (or at least soon).

3 Likes

I was tempted by the Ultimate Collection. However I owned enough already and have purchased more since I couldn’t justify the cost after owning a large piece between the past Kickstarters and my own buys. Too bad. It’s piecemeal buying for me and no Final Sacrifice (1990) on the Gizmoplex.

5 Likes

Sure do. It’s where I bought Season 12!

3 Likes

One FYI. It’s expensive. It’s well beyond most people’s budgets but all three of Joel’s 2021 Kickstarter Classes are available to buy on the Gizmoplex. They’re buried on the list and cost $250 each but to the MSTie that has everything they could be worth it.

5 Likes

Any older episodes? Comedy Central or Sci-Fi?

2 Likes

That I haven’t, but there ARE gaps in my collection that I’d like to fill in. That is, stuff that I have taped off TV but haven’t gotten any DVDs for yet.

I wouldn’t mind snagging a purchse of Jack Frost!

3 Likes

Your #1! Makes sense.

3 Likes

I’m thinking of buying the class video at the bottom one day.

2 Likes

I know that this is probably unpopular, or possible heresy, but Seasons 11 and 12 as well as many episodes of the original show are available for digital purchase and download at the RiffTrax website. Both seasons are available as the entire season or as individual episodes, and any current valid coupon discount from RiffTrax will work on the MST3K episodes. Right now with the discount code for their new Kickstarter backers, Season 12 is $29.98, Season 11 $74.25.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the Season 11 package includes the documentary “We Brought Back MST3K,” which I can’t find available for purchase at the Gizmoplex, although it might be hidden somewhere a simple search can’t locate.

4 Likes

That’s basically the same price as the Gizmoplex.

2 Likes

I bought several episodes there before the Gizmoplex came online (so I ended up with duplicates of a few).

1 Like

I haven’t bought any yet, since I can currently watch them all with my Gizmoplex pass, but it would be nice to own them in case of future rights issues. If they did weekly/monthly specials like Rifftrax does (hint hint) I’d probably add them as they came up in the rotation.

3 Likes

My feelings too. There’s a couple later Comedy Centrals and Sci-Fi Era Mikes I have my eye on. Samson vs. the Vampire Women (1962), Night of the Blood Beast (1958), Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell (1988), Escape 2000 (1983), The Undead (1957), The Giant Spider Invasion (1975), Parts: The Clonus Horror (1979), Devil Doll (1964), Time Chasers (1978), Werewolf (1997), Hobgoblins (1988), The Touch of Satan (1971), Gorgo (1961), Devil Fish (1984), The Screaming Skull (1958), Future War (1994), Blood Waters of Dr. Z (1971), Track of the Moon Beast (1976), It Lives By Night (1974), Horrors of Spider Island (1960).

Those I’ll buy on the Gizmoplex over the next year. If I wanted to gamble, many would be perfect for a third Kickstarter Collection. Were another crowdfunder ever in the cards. Since I’m no mind reader, I’ll keep picking away buying a few here and there shoring up what I have.

2 Likes

I ended up buying “Women of the Prehistoric Planet” around the time the Gizmoplex launched just to see how it looked, and for a downloadable copy.

I think having a downloadable file is really great, and helps set this service apart. You get a real sense of ownership that isn’t there on other services. I feel like that’s a positive sign, especially in the wake of companies like Warner/HBO pulling shows without any warning.

7 Likes

Ive been slowly trying to buy episodes I don’t have on physical media. I plan to buy Seasons 11 & 12 as well.

4 Likes

Like you, I already own all of the episodes in some format. Occasionally I will replace some of my episodes because of poor quality. Honestly, I think $7.99/episode is a bit steep for me to purchase all of them. I kind of wish older episodes were on the order of $1.99 and that there was a premium for new, HD, and remastered episodes.

4 Likes

I bought most of my favs through the Rifftrax store a while back.

But I did buy a Gizmoplex Pass for my sister and her husband even though that is kinda redundant now I suppose

Anyway to support MST3K is a good way IMO

3 Likes

I got all of the collections that were being offered through the Kickstarter – the Brought Back, the Made More, the Ultimate, The Return, and The Gauntlet.

And as I’ve noticed more episodes becoming available, I’ve been picking them up.

3 Likes

I’ve only bought premieres

1 Like