Does anyone else think it's odd that none of the Forresters' have published?

They have been collecting data for over 30 years with multiple test subjects yet no findings have ever been published. They also appear to never attend conferences or be members of any associations.

Is there an RPT-esq process for them?

15 Likes

Counterpoint: Do they even have peers to review them? Can anyone even compare?

20 Likes

Nathan Fillion GIFs | Tenor

7 Likes

Clay has gone to some kind of conference, where he’s lost the Mad Scientist competition several times (in anger, he’s blown up (twice) or burned down the convention center). This from “Robot vs Aztec Mummy”

Pearl was visited by a Mad Scientist inspector.

So, there is some awareness of them, and what they are doing. Have they published though?

15 Likes

Perhaps under a pseudonym to avoid investigation for their unorthodox research methods?

Anyone checked under Dr. Nontyalc Rsrtserrof?

8 Likes

It’s no longer publish or perish once you’re a fully accredited mad scientist.

5 Likes

They just decided to self-publish. No journals, but you can get them on your Kindle.

9 Likes

Also, I believe you’ll find a C Forrester has made a lot of contributions to science over the years!

Is there a Substack, maybe?

1 Like

In the world of Mad Science, would it not be realistic to have a “publish or be tortured” requirement?

3 Likes

But how can they determine their impact stats if they don’t publish through a peer-reviewed journal?

1 Like

Mad science has risen above that sort of bean-countery.

3 Likes

Okay but it better be in Kindle Unlimited

3 Likes

Oh, I know a lot of people who haven’t published their work in that length of time. Sadly, I’m not joking.

4 Likes

Publish or be tortured - and then perish.

2 Likes

Publish and be tortured.

4 Likes

Mostly, though: be tortured.

5 Likes

I think Clayton avoided publishing for fear of getting a similar reaction to his double butt graft project for EVILOS.

1 Like

They avoid this because unlike regular science, mad science is publish AND perish. Clay didn’t want to die. Which made his death all the more ironic really.

2 Likes

Mad science isn’t about the science. It’s about the mad. The audit Clayts had was “one of those ‘are you really mad enough?’ sort of things”. TFOOMS wasn’t evaluating the work. It was evaluating the work’s level of sanity. You don’t publish evil findings anyway. You keep it to yourself so only you can rule the world. There can be only one!

queen text GIF

4 Likes