Does anyone else think it's odd that none of the Forresters' have published?

They never show us the results. Larry had to file them sometimes, but that’s as close to seeing the results we ever got. What we are seeing is the experiment going on.

2 Likes

Yeah, but which one? Citation engines like Google and Research Gate frequently put some heart surgeon’s stuff in my bibliography. Research Gate likes to point out open job positions in fields I’ve never worked in.

If you really wanted to do it right you’d have to figure out which of a half-dozen middle names Clay gave is the real one.

4 Likes

How outlandishly vile would a predatory OA journal for Mad Science be? I’m guessing very.

2 Likes

Isn’t the results either “we broke the test subjects, unleash this movie on the world” or “not that”?

1 Like

Are they pumped up kicks?

3 Likes

I don’t want to disillusion anyone but I’m afraid the Forresters are those sort of mad scientists.

You know, the ones who don’t do it for the love of pure science or pure madness.

The ones who do it…for the money.

Are they successful? Well, who raised funds into the eight digits to get more “experimentation” going?

We’re not the peers, people: We’re the subjects.

6 Likes

OK, wait … so Joel is actually … a Mad?!?

Shyamalan twist!

4 Likes

The experiment was coming from inside the house!!

6 Likes

i can excuse experimenting on me for the cause of mad science, but I draw the line at capitalism :laughing:

6 Likes

Weeeell, he did create Joey the Lemur. That should have been a hint.

3 Likes

That’s one interpretation. Another is that the Mads allowed him to escape and, now that he has full Stockholm Syndrome, act as an advocate.

5 Likes

Seems legit.

giphy

3 Likes

Pretty sure at least Kinga has published.*

*on AO3

4 Likes

natch
pump it up nostalgia GIF

2 Likes

Not Todd AO?

1 Like

The Forresters will publish…next Sunday afternoon.

7 Likes

“Are you boys peer reviewing up there?”

“No!”

“Are you building an interociter?”

“NOOOO”

8 Likes

I don’t like Todd. He only ever sees the big picture.

2 Likes

Squuuuiiiiddddd!!!

2 Likes

Not going to fly with the tenure and promotion review board.

5 Likes