Doug McClure. The Teflon Actor?

I believe that it was in the experiment thread for The Land That Time Forgot, but someone used the phrase - “the meaty man musk of McClure.”

It haunted me then.

It haunts me still.

4 Likes

Ah, good point. He’s done that several times. What few people realize is that he did that for “Star Trek”. Some of his earlier performances (Corman’s The Intruder) were much less over-the-top.

For which I have been looking since I learned about it in this forum last year.

1 Like

The People That Time Forgot (1977) alone is a prospect they have to be eyeing. I would.

2 Likes

Doug McClure and Kim Cattrall in The Rebels. Home Video Spot.

2 Likes

The Bastard! Peter Graves! Robert Vaughn! An MSTpalooza!

1 Like

Richard Basehart is in it also. What a riffing opportunity.

1 Like

I KNOW!!! Someone alert Joel!!!

3 Likes

The Rebels (1979) is a miniseries and 4 hours of fun. Two shows worth?

1 Like

You could do “The Bastard”, “The Rebels” and “The Seekers” and be set for half a season! Cameron Mitchell! John Carradine! Neville Brand!

1 Like

Television long form as comedic gold.

1 Like

Tom Bosley as Ben Franklin! Pure genius!

2 Likes

Trailer of Shenandoah (1965).

2 Likes

Trailer of The Unforgiven (1960).

Trailer of Because They’re Young (1960). Dick Clark and Doug McClure?

Maverick (series) was there near the beginning of his career in 1957 and Maverick (movie) was there near the end of his career in 1994.

1 Like

You have no idea who Doug McClure is, you never watched his movies and your ‘top ten’ with his name attached is lame. Stop doing that. TYIA

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind some more McClure movies. The two they showed during Season 11 were very fun, films that I could see myself watching unriffed. Though, admittedly, I think most of the movies from that season fall into that category, with the exception of Wizards Of The Lost Kingdom II. Urrrrggh! Just the mention of that movie angries up the blood!

3 Likes

While i would also love more McClure movies, i would also love more Wizards movies if they’d made more! Both McClure and Wizards make such great MST eps!

4 Likes

Which I hinted at in the intro. The movie is listed near the end of his credits with (1994) behind it.

I actually do know who he is and I have watched his films. Furthermore that Top Ten Video was not my video. I linked to it for added resources attached to this thread. Next time please ask me questions before asserting what isn’t true. Thank You.

1 Like