Drifting Blues Thread

Speaking of walnuts, there’s an Italian Walnut liqueur called Nocino . I wonder why the sweaty dad in Touch Of Satan wasn’t brewing that for a living. He coulda’ had class, made a tidy sum, and recruited who knows how many hipster tourists into the ranks of Hell.

[glass clink]

1 Like

Fortunately, where I live we can go to restaurants with only a few restrictions. Many now have outside dining.

This is a wonderful time of year to dine al fresco in New Orleans. It’s certainly better than in a hurricane. How’s the weather on your part of the planet?

3 Likes

It was warm well into October and then BAM it got cold. I’m new to New England and sorta expected it to happen that way, but years in California have left me unprepared for cold weather. I’m talking one day we’re at the playground in t-shirts and the next we had to wear puffy coats when we went to play in the yard.

The lawn really needs to be cut. It hasn’t been done since we moved in because we needed to save up a bit for a lawn tractor. We’ve never owned anything like that before. Heck our last place didn’t even have a yard! Now I need a dang tractor?!

3 Likes

Last Friday, which was nice because it was the Smoke House, a classic old Hollywood hangout (in Burbank). Last month, though, when we went to Knott’s, we had an actual buffet, which feels very normal, with none of the “wear a mask as you walk to your table” silliness.

2 Likes

It rained this week, which where I live (California) is nothing short of a golldurned miracle.

3 Likes

I had a chance to buy the local version of the Grumpy Cat “IT RAINED” t-shirt while traipsing through the mall several years ago, but I never did. [sigh] Now I’m left here with just regrets (& a G.C. mouse pad, which I should bring to work. Don’t even care how passe’ it is).

:umbrella:
:paw_prints:

4 Likes

I was a big Grumpy Cat fan, not that he cared. G.C. was like that, which is why I loved him. The only meme that came close was Baby Yoda. Somehow, though, now that he has a name it’s different.

2 Likes

I was hoping his name was going to be Steve.

Unsubscribe

4 Likes

Steve Guttenberg certainly liked to unsubscribe. Like, where is he? He fell off the Earth after Splash. It’s like he unsubscribed from his career. Do you think he might have been recalled to the Guttenberg mansion to run the printing press because he’s the last in his line and the great work must go on? And before you say he’s from a different family because the printing press guy was Gutenberg not Guttenberg, have you ever heard of Ellis Island?

2 Likes

Lifeguards, amiright? Give somebody a little bit of authority and they go all Teenage Aquatic Dictator on you. No diving in the shallow end? Makes perfect sense. No running on the deck? Safety first, of course.

But no splashing? It’s water, you post-adolescent power-hungry maniac. Splashers gonna splash.

3 Likes

Fair point. You could say he’s Steve Gonettenberg

2 Likes

There should be an app to help us count all the Steves on this site. I’d be sad if there weren’t at least a couple of dozen.

(I mean, I would be if I knew what apps are.)

2 Likes

There’s always an app for “that”, when you have an issue to get sorted. Apps are how you get things done. Much in the way that Delores Herbig got things done.

1 Like

Whoa, deep cut.

1 Like

I’m always very careful with the box-cutter at work. A legacy of so many warehouse jobs. Always face knuckles of the gripping hand outward, and not fingertips. Always cut away from the gripping hand. Keep the blade sharp to better use a light touch with it, etc.

This didn’t prevent me from getting cut by a scissor one day while wiping off its dirty blade with a cleaning cloth that was too thin. lol.

2 Likes

I accidentally stabbed myself in the bottom of my foot with scissors while putting up a Christmas tree one year. I learned a lot about the anatomy of my foot from that experience. Scissors are dangerous! :astonished:
I was temporarily glued to a physician assistant in the process of being patched up.

3 Likes

The patches on my fancy jacket elbows needed reaffixing so I bought an alligator. My alligator got loose in the city during a parade.

2 Likes

Did the alligator get loose after you used it for patches? There is a big problem with post-consumer waste along parade routes. We could use more public recycling receptacles.

3 Likes

What if we reunited The Neat Pete Shufflers and got them to move outside?

This is the one of those times where I would absolutely place my trust in a Non-Steve. :dancer: :recycle: :man_dancing: