Early Onset Nostalgia

When the Gizmo app comes out, maybe it’ll use geolocation. That way I’ll know when I’m at a live show.

4 Likes

Yeah have seen it kick up in the last few days, can only see it as flooding and in some cases attention-errrrr grabbing. Yeah lets go with grabbing.

1 Like

That sucks. I foolishly assumed it would work like most boards to and hide those threads a well. And so I tried it on the same person and see the exact problem you mention.

Oh, well.

3 Likes

I am right here with you on this, Sandy… as a parent I spend a lot of time feeling grumpy about how things haven’t turned out the way I wanted them to for my kids. I don’t think there is anything wrong with keeping in mind what could have been, or, more importantly, what might still could be. I still advocate for change in my kids’ lives when I think the change is important enough to nag them about.

Maybe instead of “oversight,” the forums might be more amenable to “guidance.” How can those of us with a broader perspective influence the group as a whole to move toward more productive forums? It is probably important for all of us to acknowledge that something hasn’t turned out the way we hoped. It is also important for people to understand that that disappointment doesn’t mean it was all for nothing, and that we aren’t giving up because of it.

Sometimes leadership means sitting on your slightly lonely barstool and being the old grump. Sometimes griping about how things have changed is a way to remind people of how things could be better. So you are doing just fine, Sandy; you are doing your best to be the change you want to see. That is how we will win.

7 Likes

This place has got a Death Curse. You’re all doomed if you stay. Doomed, I tell ya. Doomed.

1 Like

My usage of this site has pretty much degraded to Wildlife Pictures and Knitting, crocheting and stuff and scanning for polls or breaking news. I gave up trying to stay current on everything. But don’t give up the wildlife pics @SandyFrank! I’m going to keep posting after checking my cameras! I didn’t get anything good last time, but I’m checking them again next week!

5 Likes

See also Cannibal! The Musical

3 Likes

Checks threads posted this morning…

O-kay… :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Ouch - no kidding!

2 Likes

Props to @Lesley for the cleanup work. Out of respect to her, I will wait until tomorrow before I create individual threads for each letter of the alphabet.

12 Likes

Yes, absolutely. Thanks, @Lesley.

5 Likes

Amen to that. Can we get a max new post creation within a set time frame limit?

Also, it kind of felt like we were eulogizing all of them at once.

7 Likes

Nice work, @Lesley! There are way too many “what do you think about X” threads.

4 Likes

But what do you think about X??

3 Likes

I prefer to think about Y.

3 Likes

It’s hard to play in Scrabble and never appears in Shakespeare.

1 Like

It wasn’t too bad.

5 Likes

That movie was on TV a lot when I was little and it freaked me out.

4 Likes

It’s the minimum movie rating I’ll accept from my boyfriend.

6 Likes

If I had X-ray vision, I’d probably go around telling people what’s wrong with them. (Instead of holding it inside like I do now.)

3 Likes