Ed Wynn and Keenan Wynn…

I love The Absent-Minded Professor (except the long last ten minutes). Keenan and Ed have a scene together (their only one in any movie, if I’m not mistaken) where Ed plays the Fire Chief of Medfield and tells Keenan to try and relax. “How can I relax, you fat-head?!” Keenan’s son Ned is in the movie too, credited only as “Boy” (He might be the kid in the opening of the movie who gets his glasses broken by Brainard playing the trumpet too loud). The Wynn family is still represented in Hollywood today - Keenan’s granddaughter, Jessica Keenan Wynn was in Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again and will also be in Clifford the Big Red Dog (whenever it decides to come out).

4 Likes

I love these threads. May the MST Discourse found a hundred discussions of old movies and actors!

3 Likes

Like Merritt Stone.

HE’S NOT MERRITT STONE!!!

5 Likes

not sure if giphy links work here. Hush Hush!

5 Likes

I was more familiar with Keenan since I grew up on Disney films and he was in half of them (Fred McMurry was in the other half). I actually just heard him in one of his first performances on a radio show along with Orson Welles. A rendition of ‘The Most Dangerous Game’ on Suspense.

3 Likes