El Santo

I’m very excited about El Santo being the first movie for the new season!!

11 Likes

So am I! Santo and the Treasure of Dracula is a particular treat among the films of El Enmascarado de Plata, and I can’t wait for everyone to see how amazing it is!

8 Likes

Me too! I was at the El Paso Media Fest this last weekend at the Alamo Drafthouse in El Paso, and it’s decorated with lots of posters and such for Santo and other luchador movies!

7 Likes

Same here!

I loved the hell out of the gang’s treatment of Samson Vs. the Vampire Women. It’s going to be so neat to have an El Santo episode that doesn’t have to carry the weight of a host segment subplot like the departure of TV’s Frank.

Anywho, the preview clips of the movie make it look like a winner of a film selection!

5 Likes

I’ve mentioned this before in other threads but as a wrestling fan, MST3K covering Santo films again is such an awesome idea.

From what I’ve read, this man was an absolute icon in Mexico. He went beyond popularity and became a folk hero.

The closest vibe might almost be like an Elvis movie, if anything…but I never really liked those so I’ll take a lucha legend battling the undead any day. :muscle:

5 Likes