Emily and bots pumpkin carving 🎃

I meant to post this earlier, but better late than never, right? This one goes out to all the mother-crabbers. Here’s my carving of Emily, Tom and Crow watching Beyond Atlantis. :jack_o_lantern:

24 Likes

Very awesome stuff, I rather like that! That’d be a fantastic way to add some MST3K flavor to spooky season.

And also, welcome to the forums, glad to have ya here!

4 Likes

That’s amazing. I wish I had talent like yours. Or just talent.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, but I should point out that carving has been a hobby of mine for years, so you shouldn’t be hard on yourself.

I’m sure if you practiced you would surprise yourself with what you could do. And I have no doubt you have plenty of other abilities, even if you haven’t discovered them yet. Maybe that sounds cheesy, but I believe it. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

There’s a chance FlyingSquid is legally prohibited from handling any blades longer than one inch or sharper than dry oatmeal.

But I’m sure there’s SOMETHING that’s allowed.

4 Likes

But I do want to second “this carving is awesome” as well as “skills can be acquired; it’s aptitude, not talent, that seems to be innate.”

Also my cool swipey phone keyboard wanted that phrase to be “skulls can be acquired” which just shows how metal my phone can be sometimes.

7 Likes

To quote the best-ever letter sent to Mad Magazine:

I’M WRITING THIS TO YOU IN CRAYON BECAUSE WE AREN’T ALLOWED ANYTHING SHARP IN HERE.

4 Likes

Oh, nice! Anything else in particular that you’ve carved that comes to mind as something that you’re especially proud of?

This a bazillionty times over, @FlyingSquid.

3 Likes

That is really cool! Can’t imagine even attempting something like that myself but “I like it very much”.

Thanks so much for sharing!

3 Likes

Oh you two! If I wasn’t self-deprecating, I wouldn’t get any joy out of life!

5 Likes

As long as it makes you happy.

Wait a second…

4 Likes

I mean, it’s not wrong. Skulls can be acquired. It’s just that most methods of acquisition are illegal. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Here’s a Freddy I also carved this year. Will dig up some pics from years gone by later.

7 Likes

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET :smiley:

Very well done, quite impressive!

Much appreciated on that - cheers!

1 Like

Those are some very well-made carvings!

Welcome aboard! :smiley:

1 Like

Okay brace yourself, a lot of pics incoming.

Luke Skywalker

Pinhead from Hellraiser

Luke vs. Vader

Tangled

This one’s a bit of a Calvin and Hobbes homage.

Ash, Army of Darkness

Olaf

This weird looking guy

Billy the Puppet

Rey

Miscellaneous

And the very first 3D carving I did of a skull.

8 Likes

Love this stuff, excellent work!

I particularly dig the Star Wars themed carvings, Pinhead, and Ash. Thank you so much for sharing that all with us!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

These are all fantastic!! So much DETAIL :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Bravo! I’m a pumpkin etcher myself but I’ve found the 3D effects like that last one much more challenging. These are amazing.

If you want to see more pumpkins there’s a Show Us Your Jack o-Lantern thread from last year.

3 Likes