Emily: APPRECIATE THEMMMM

There are moments where she reaches Joel levels of dry and/or laconic, and others where… Uh, I haven’t really got a handle on her character yet. Looking forward to seeing more, though.

6 Likes

I love her enthusiasm at the beginning of mothercrabbers. Really commits and sets the tone.

10 Likes

Alright, now that I’m not dead tired, just regular tired, I can REALLY give Emily the love that is deserved.

Emily is FANTASTIC. She fits the role so well and delivers lines so perfectly - utterly a natural fit and feels like she’s always been a part of the show. “Oh poopie” sealed the deal, she’s perfect for the role. She kiiiiind of stuck every single landing the entire way through the first show, and I adore her completely as a host (Love Jonah too of course, but this is an Emily appreciation thread). She has thoroughly knocked this out of the proverbial ballpark and I am beyond Thunderdome excited about everything to come.

I also feel like Emily + Kelsey + Conor are such a great great combo together - they all seem to just feed off one another’s energy and keep things rolling, in the absolute best possible way. This is really a perfect combination of wacky humans to play these roles, and I really can’t imagine it any other way after just 1 show.

Also, post show interview, Emily with her lil’ ears sticking out around her hair? THE cutest thing in the universe.

11 Likes

Watched the Turkey Day highlights again yesterday. The ones on YouTube which have Emily’s go at “Behind The Scenes At The Supermarket.” What cracked me up the most this time isn’t even the riffs. It’s how she seems to pull every possible facial expression out of the bag in her exchanges with the rest of the cast. This makes her a great complement, or foil, for Jonah. Being no longer the newest kid, he’s a bit more stoic most of the time. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Emily’s whole crew is adorable, especially when they get to play together like last night’s livestream. They clearly just enjoy hanging out.

10 Likes

When she jumped in for a stretch of No Retreat No Surrender in The Great Cheesy Movie Circus Tour I was intrigued and hopeful, then to see her nail it with Making Contact and knock it out of the park with Beyond Atlantis has been a joy! I’ve never been more proud to share my name with someone!

13 Likes

I first got to saw Emily as part of the Great Cheesy Movie Circus Tour. I was keeping myself free from spoilers for the show, so when the time came to do the VIP meet-and-greet, I had no idea that she was a new character for the show! I thought she might have been the director of the live show or involved in some such similar creative capacity.

But I loved her presence and personality all throughout the host segments for that show. I didn’t get to see her riff, unfortunately, but that would’ve been something.

The first riffing material I saw out of Emily was for the Moon Zero Two riff-along and the Behind the Scenes at the Supermarket short for Turkey Day 2020. And she rocked it all, sure enough!

I wish that I would’ve been able to catch the Time Bubble tour, but unfortunately, no such luck with any venues around here.

8 Likes

As for the show itself? Couldn’t be happier with the job that Emily’s done!

She feels like a natural fit on MST3K, as if she already had five years of hosting duties to boast of like Joel and Mike. Her formal introduction to the show on Robot Wars was a great deal of fun (what with her banter with Synthia), and that first host segment on Beyond Atlantis was great. It’s like @Amanda_Gregory said: when she delivered that “oh poopie” in realizing her fate, you knew that she was well and truly understanding of what the series was all about and how it all gelled together.

The interplay she had with the Bots in the opening was great, and the singing of “She’s got the whole show in Mech Hands” was suitably silly, showing you that she was game for all of the zany haps of the series.

And there wasn’t one “off” moment in her time in the theater. She was knocking down killer riff after killer riff over an extraordinarily awfulmovie and making it all fun to watch. With some real verbal range and enthusiasm, too, might I add!

All the host segment material was fantastic, but her work in skewering East Eddie in the SAT sketch and the EddieCon sketch was tops. Which is to say nothing of how excellent “Mothercrabber” was.

Again, it feels like she was meant to be on MST3K. And I’m truly glad that she is!

15 Likes

I thought she was awesome on the Cheesy Movie Circus tour, and was so happy to hear she’d be coming back! Honestly, I have a bit of a friend crush on her- nothing creepy, but, like, I’d love to watch Hobgoblins and sing our favorite songs into hairbrushes and eat delicious snacks covered in melted cheese, because she just seems so cool and fun (yeah, I’m weird, but at least I found the right fandom for it)

16 Likes

I think most of us have some kind of crush on someone in the MSTieverse. Look at how many of us squee any time Beez appears on screen. :star_struck:

8 Likes

I have varying degrees of crushes on every single person associated with MST3K just because I love it so much. Some crushes are more intense than others of course, but I love every of them without exception. They are Good People. :heart:

8 Likes

"Squee"z McKeever
(I regret nothing)

7 Likes

Except Jim Mallon. No one had a crush on Jim Mallon.

3 Likes

To get back on track, Emily’s so good at this, that you wish that she had her OWN Christmas special all to herself.

I say that even as I say that it’s going to be something rad to see Joel, Jonah, and Emily combine forces to take on The Christmas Dragon.

9 Likes

Don’t try me, I will find a way. Stand back, I have a heart full of love and affection and I’m not afraid to use it!

5 Likes

Stand back! I think they mean it!

3 Likes

“They,” please. :heart:

And I dooooooo mean it! Seriously, if any of the MST3K peeps or any of you MSTies need some emotional support and to be hyped up, I’m your Amanda.

7 Likes

Apologies! Didn’t check your profile prefs. :hugs:

4 Likes

No worries, I live in Texas so I can’t be very open about it here, but I feel like in MST3K world it’s safe enough to push back on this. Thanks for listening and not turning into a transphobic buttface!

9 Likes

emilysynthia

A “driving across America” road trip show, but it’s Emily and Synthia riffing on tourist destinations.

STREAMING EXCLUSIVELY AT THE GIZMOPLEX

12 Likes