Emily’s relationship with the Bots

Joel was like an indulgent parent. Mike was the awkward but well meaning mismatched sibling. Jonah….um, exists with his Bots.

I’m digging Emily’s chemistry with the Sim Bots. They remind me of when we would goof off while rehearsing a skit in Drama.

14 Likes

Joel: Bots’ Dad
Mike: Bots’ Buddy
Jonah: Bots’ Friendly Co-worker Visiting From Next Cubicle
Emily: Third Bot

19 Likes

She strikes me as the “camp counselor” type, indulging them while gently keeping them on track as much as possible and doing a very good job at blending in.

17 Likes

The original description I heard was that Joel was their dad and Mike was their big brother. Someone elsewhere on the forum said Emily was their middle sister (between elder Tom and young Crow). Jonah is the best friend they constantly play pranks on but he’s (mostly) okay with it.

8 Likes

During the Time Bubble Tour, Emily referred to herself as the bots’ cool babysitter.

20 Likes

While the timing of riffs with the Jonah era SOL has improved a -lot- since the first Netflix season, I do find myself wishing the personalities on that version of the SOL seemed more…differentiated. (I will note they seem to do a much better job at that in the two live shows I saw)….Jonah and his Bots are all the Enthused Quippy Guy. I don’t hate it but it doesn’t immerse me as much.

3 Likes

Does she have her own club that books were made of?

4 Likes

When I clicked on the thread title, I was hoping it wasn’t the gateway to some tremendously disturbing fanfic… phew!

5 Likes

She takes care of Tom and Cow.

3 Likes

That’s basically the vibe I get. She’s better at keeping the bots in line than Jonah or even Mike but she’s also more inclined to go along with them on some ridiculous scheme than Joel.

8 Likes

Their relationship shows promise, but they’re not there yet. They’d categorize her currently as a valued acquaintance.

5 Likes

Emily gives the bots their meat.

“The bots’ meat, have you seen it?”

4 Likes

While the Master is away?

9 Likes

The Mooster.

Good night, everyone!

3 Likes

Emily is the Bot’s very own Torgo?

1 Like

A very much improved Torgo!

Rehabilitated, PTed, rebuilt!

Torgemily? That’s kind of disturbing!

2 Likes

Can carry luggage in the RIGHT direction. Very important!

That’s next week:

She seemingly loses her mind and has them all chopped and channeled into household appliances. But of course it turns out that “Emily” is in fact a disguised Nuveena, back to exact revenge for her broken heart. GPC is able to bust the real Emily out of space-jail. Emily challenges Nuveena to a dance-off, wins back her buddies, and restores them to their original forms. Whew!

2 Likes

I like “cool babysitter” or “camp counselor” for Emily, she definitely has that vibe of gaining their acceptance while maintaining control.

Jonah seems like… the geekiest guy at the cafeteria table. Like, they’re friends and all, but sometimes he just gets on a different wavelength or overshares.

Joel is a dad, no question.

I’ve never quite pinned down what the bots think of Mike. Like, maybe he never really got past being “the temp”. There’s some camaraderie, but the bots frequently push him around, blame him when things go wrong, conspire to steal his pineal fluids, dress him up like a vent figure, steal his credit card to buy windows and hire guest speakers, etc.

6 Likes

That’s why I chose awkward/mismatched sibling. They stick together but they drive each other nuts. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like