Empathetic Badge

How bizarre. Out of the blue I suddenly got the Empathetic Badge. I don’t even recall that being on the list. I wonder if the mods are adding new ones? Whatever the case, it’s a privilege and an honor, and I would like to thank the Academy and all the little people, without whom none of this would have been necessary.

46 Likes

I think that’s a stock badge…? For holding a massive number of liked posts while also liking posts.

Regardless, congratulations!

15 Likes

Thanks, and I believe you are correct. Looking at the list again, I might have been confused by the plethora of Like-related badges. I do think this was in there all along. Though in my case, perhaps this should be the “Ch@tty B@st@rd” badge. :wink:

12 Likes

And, you are so far the only person to have that badge! Pretty niiice.

14 Likes

I feel for you.

[edit: Dammit, it didn’t work! - signed Empathetic-less]

14 Likes

Is that you, Chaka Khan?

9 Likes

I hate all of you so if I get the empathetic badge, I’ll be super angry.

24 Likes

WE LIKE IT VERY MUCH!

16 Likes

How does no one else have this badge yet? That seems statistically very unlikely by now. Did I break it? Did they only have one?

7 Likes

AKA “The Highlander Badge”

12 Likes

I don’t care!

8 Likes

I have given out slightly less than 500 likes so far. I guess I’m closing in on halfway between Apathetic and Empathetic.

10 Likes

Hopefully the middleground isn’t merely Pathetic. :wink:

11 Likes

You’ve posted 729 posts which is a lot. I’ve given over 6,000 likes and I only have about 200 posts-also, haven’t gotten the Respected badge yet…

Squad Reaction GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

18 Likes

Whoa! It’s an entire dangerous field of Rodneys!

14 Likes

I’m trying my best to be liked!

Harvey Firestein voice I just want to be loved! Is that so wrong?

8 Likes

I have 124 posts with 457 likes and I’ve given 545 likes, so whatever the requirements are, they’re higher than that. I don’t need no stinkin’ badges (JK).

6 Likes

The reqs are “Has 500 liked posts and gave 1000 likes”, so apparently I’m really chatty and likey. :speech_balloon: :heart: :speech_balloon: :heart:

13 Likes

I feel a bit uncomfortable perusing things like this.

I don’t mean any offense and I’m not directing this comment to anyone here, rather, addressing the discourse reward system in general - but in an attempt to humanize and bond us, it might end up doing the opposite. To put it bluntly, I’m not a game, don’t play me.

When I “like” something, I genuinely like it. I don’t give “hey, I want a badge” likes. I’m not going to read something and think, “My, my, that is stupid, but I need to reach a quota, so… “Like””

I give honest likes, and I hope I’ve received honest likes in return.

And again, not pointing fingers, especially at the OP, who is one of the boards best. Both interestingly chatty and likable. In fact I think I’ll (honestly) like his post right now.

25 Likes

Likin’ ya right back, but for the same reason, in that I genuinely like your comments and participation, and you’re someone I always enjoy seeing post. I’m not in it for the badges either, though it is fun trying to outsmart the system to get some of them, like the email one. But overwhelmingly when it comes to things such as Likes, those are sincere on my part. I also hand them out when a post makes me laugh, which is quite often here.

11 Likes