End Credits Music

Anyone else REALLY love how nice and how calming the music for the end credits is? I just love it :blush:

23 Likes

Iā€¦I sing along.

8 Likes

Mighty Science Theater is a wonderful way to bring the show to a close.

MST3K has the ability to make me relax to the point where I often fall asleep, but when that happens, it seems that I always wake up in time for the end credits and the stinger.

Oh, and one cool thing Iā€™ve seen in my travels? Mighty Science Theater stretched out 800%. When the twang kicks in? Wow.

I think they used this as ā€œwaiting for the main eventā€ music for one of the Turkey Day Marathons, if memory serves correctly:

17 Likes

If my electric guitar is on my lap, I play along. That may be why my go-to guitar has a whammy bar to replicate the finale.

Thank you @optiMSTie for sharing that video! Canā€™t wait to play this on my stereo later. Reminds me of Barberā€™s Adagio for Strings

5 Likes

Very welcome, @MisterScott!

Itā€™s quite relaxing, especially when it hits that key change.

2 Likes

I love the end theme seasons 1-10. But I also like the updated version for seasons 11-12. It has a beautifully orchestral sound to it. A classy update.

6 Likes

Love the closing theme! Itā€™s so triumphant. Like itā€™s telling you: ā€œCongratulations. We survived another experiment.ā€

5 Likes

I donā€™t know if it was an influence on the composition of the MST3K end theme or if the MST3K end theme is coincidentally similar, but when I hear the MST3K end theme, Iā€™m reminded of Maurice Jarreā€™s ā€œBuilding the Barnā€ theme from Witness:

5 Likes

I actually have it as an alarm on the clock for my phone

2 Likes

I have to admit, my first thought was ā€˜Music from (the Hearts of)/(Some Guys in) Spaceā€™. XD

4 Likes

When I was little it was so seldom that I would catch a full episode. Sometimes you would only be able to catch the last ten minutes before it was over. Because of this, I grew lament the end credits. Nowadays with streaming I feel less somber. Also, that song is so pretty that itā€™s hard to stay upset.

5 Likes

Lol this!

2 Likes

Cool! How did you do that?

1 Like

That music was especially good during the TV run when the show would end in the small hours of the morning. Youā€™d be all wound up from two hours of MST3K and that music would help get you in a sleepy mood.

5 Likes

Wow, thatā€™s giving me chills. It kinda reminds me of some weird CDs of ambient music I had in college.

Holy hell, the twang at 8x.

4 Likes

Iā€™m on a Mac. If you have a .m4a version of the song, you just go to the file and change the end tag in the name to .m4r to turn it into a ringtone. I then download the .m4r onto my iphone and I can use it as a ringtone or it also appears as a selection for my alarms.

1 Like

Mighty Science Theater is a fabulous finale. With seasons 11 and 12 I will sometimes leave the credits on to hear some of the other songs they use. I donā€™t know if the older seasons did something similar, but the Netflix seasons use some remixed instrumental versions of classic songs from the older movies for their credits or the fake commercial bumpers. Clown in the Sky and Curious Vermin are my favorites

4 Likes

The remixed version of Living in Deep 13 is my favorite.

5 Likes

This one?

5 Likes

I was thinking of this one:

4 Likes