Episode(s) you never tire of rewatching

Not necessarily your favorite(s), but episodes that you turn to frequently because they’re soothing or comforting. My top three would probably be:

Robot Holocaust
Pod People
Laserblast

… with Lords of the Deep working its way onto the list.

Pod People is particularly comforting; it’s somehow geographically expansive yet claustrophobic too. All that wood paneling and fog. Watching it feels like wrapping myself in a comfy blanket.

25 Likes

Eegah!
Time Chasers
Pumaman

18 Likes

I Accuse My Parents
Riding With Death
Prince of Space

13 Likes

Reptillicus

Pod people

Cry Wilderness

16 Likes

Prince of Space

Giant Spider Invasion

Reptillicus

Beast of Hollow Mountain

13 Likes

I Accuse My Parents

Space Mutiny

MST3K the Movie (This Island Earth)

Godzilla VS Megalon

Final Justice
“You think you can take me? Go head on then.”

15 Likes

I’ll pick your nose if you scream!

4 Likes

First 3 that come to mind:

Mitchell
Operation Kid Brother
Avalanche

10 Likes

Right now? I Accuse My Parents, Operation Kid Brother, Beginning of the End and The Phantom Planet make me happy.

There’s a rotating list of maybe 12 or 15 titles that I keep going back to with more or less frequency over time. The Rocky Jones movies might be in there at any point, or the Fugitive Aliens, or the Russo-Finnish movies.

11 Likes

So many great ones here – Eegah, Riding With Death, Godzilla vs. Megalon. And I’d forgotten about MST3K: The Movie! I need this in my rotation again. Coleman Francis as the mailman in This Island Earth is a Lion King moment – the circle of life is complete.

12 Likes

Night of the blood beast (Steve!)
Attack of the giant leaches I’m a danger to myself and others
Giant spider invasion

12 Likes

I think I’m going to add Cave Dwellers to my list. The absurd hang glider sequence (with the bonus Roadhouse joke) is always funny to me.

9 Likes

There are so, so many episodes, so I just went for the ones that immediately popped into my head. These are episodes I can just play in the background while working.

Again, by no means a complete list!

Teenagers from outer space
The giant gila monster
Bride of the monster
Manos
I accuse my parents
Santa Claus
Cry wilderness
The loves of Hercules
Avalanche
The day Time ended

6 Likes

10 Likes

Not in any particular order, a few:
I Accuse My Parents (How do you make a vodka sandwich?)
The Amazing Colossal Man
Radar Secret Service (who knew radar was like a TV?)
Bride of the monster
Manos
Reptillicus
The Brain That Wouldn’t Die
Blood Waters of Dr Z

There are more, but by listing them I’d only prove that I have no life outside of MST3K, not that that’s a bad thing…

12 Likes

I could watch Space Mutiny all day long. There is lots going on, despite a low budget, yet still taking itself seriously, so there is plenty to riff. They didn’t even have to pick the low-lying fruit (Battlestar footage).

For me, it doesn’t get much better than, “Hey, she’s dead!” … “I think it’s very nice of you to give that dead woman another chance!”

16 Likes

Space Mutiny
San Francisco International
The Horror of Party Beach
The Screaming Skull
Wizards of the Lost Kingdom

10 Likes

Mad Monster, I Accuse My Parents, Eegah!, Santa Claus, Village of the Giants, The Mole People, Parts: The Clonus Horror, Prince of Space, Cry Wilderness, and Wizards of the Lost Kingdom!

8 Likes

Have you signed Sheri’s birthday card?

13 Likes

Teenagers from Outer Space is one I could put on repeat.

9 Likes