Episode(s) you never tire of rewatching

A small shout out to Radar Secret Service. I frequently end up re-playing that one at some point whenever I’m in the mood for a few Forrester Family Experiements™.

While the opening pre-commercial joke doesn’t do much for me (I don’t know who Horshack(?) is, lol), and since Frank is in-character as the good Docteur, there not much “usual” Frankisms I adore on display, but the epsiode on a whole afterwards builds in way that gets me in a way GPC could only dream of getting another.

Maybe the Hypno-Helio-Static-Stasis (with X-4) has warped my fragile Radar-less mind upon each revisit?

Maybe Last Clear Chance and it’s subsequent PSA host segment is such a perfectly crafted riff on times-thankfully-gone-past, I can’t help but laugh during it.

Maybe it’s the endless, completely innacurate depictions of “Radar” that comfortably remind me of all the other moments in the last century of some kind of new-tech being used in fiction in an instantly date-able deus ex machina manner.

Maybe it’s the simple fact I always, and I mean ALWAYS confuse the four leads in Radar Secret Service as eachother (seriously, could they have picked even slightly less similar bland haircuts, outfits, etc. for the main two couples in the “story”?!)

Maybe it’s the Ecstato-Euphoro-Fun (with patented Hinder-90) closing the episode that always elicits true joy in the face of cinematic despair, a triumph of the human spirit! The one true device for the modern person. Nay, it simply is: An episode like most other episodes, but with RADAR!

…I’ve lost track of my point. Maybe Radar can find it?

7 Likes