Episodes 1202-1206: Share your screenshots and favorite riffs!

The end… or IS it?

1202 Atlantic Rim
1203 Lords of the Deep
1204 The Day Time Ended
1205 Killer Fish
1206 Ator, the Fighting Eagle

As a refresher:

You can submit one to three screenshots in comments on each post. Please keep your images at minimum 800px x 600px and 72 dpi. File type does not matter. YES, screenshots of host segments are welcome too!

If you’d ALSO like to throw in a favorite riff, choose one that’s relatively short. Remember to include the timestamp of where it happens in the episode. Ideally the riff should make sense when used in context with the screenshot(s) you’ve chosen. Riffs are optional, though, and if you’d rather just share screenshots, that is fine too.

All of this info will be collected and may be used in the Gizmoplex library! Your contributions are greatly appreciated, even if you can’t participate on every post. There’s zero pressure to do EVERY episode. Whatever you can do will help.

5 Likes

Killer Fish… out of all the episodes I saw on Netflix, Killer Fish is my favorite. Why? Well, it’s not because of the movie, oh no no no no no no. It’s because Growler appeared 7 times in a row, both host segment and theater.

10:22 - “I’m afraid I can’t let you do that, Dave.”

29:36 - "Well, you know, I think it’s the king of fish! Poseidon!
Jonah: “Oh.”
Growler: “And I feel like I don’t need to justify that.”

37:14 to 40:10 - “Below the Dam”

3 Likes

YES :smiley:

I love that you worked in the Below the Dam sequence!

3 Likes

1202 Atlantic Rim

Crow at 58:55 - “Oh, they just realized what movie they’re in!”

1203 Lords of the Deep

Jonah at 1:08:55 - “It’s like Alien 3, but adorable.”

4 Likes

1204 The Day Time Ended

Servo at 46:00 - “Leif Garrett is Jimmy Stewart in Rear Window '75!”

3 Likes

1205 Killer Fish

Servo at 11:10 - “Can’t believe we wore the same thing.”

1206 Ator

Servo at 31:40 - “And Ator is sporting the faux-fur man-kini.”

3 Likes

*continued:

45:07 to 45:31 - “If you look out the left side of the tram you’ll see a twister from the movie Twister. And there’s the flash flood section of the backlot. You might recognize it from The Three Amigos and The China Syndrome. Hopefully you’re wearing your raincoats 'cause the dam broke. Of course, this is just the magic of special effects, courtesy of three giant pumps that can move 10,000 gallons of water in 60 seconds. This concludes our tour! Hope you enjoyed our new Killer Fish ride at Universal.”
… oh boy. Longest riff ever… tries to catch my breath from typing in my opinion at least.

54:30 - “Who wants Kool-Aid? Did you guys do that one already?”
Servo: “Yeah, we did.”
Growler: “Okay, I’ll be right over here.”

1:01:12 - “Somebody call for a Stouffer’s lasagna?”
Jonah: “N-no, but thanks, Growler.”
Growler: “Look, if it’s all the same to you, I’m gonna go over there, lay this thing across my torso and pretend I suffered a bear attack. 'bye.”
Jonah: “What?”

4 Likes

The Day Time Ended:

“Ah! That liquid smoke hits the spot!” (Crow, 16:41)

“Man’s time is done. All hail the new flesh.” (Crow; riff at 42:44, shot at 01:04:09)

“Got any other cool crap around here?” (Servo, 01:01:34)

This one was really hard to pick just three representative riffs (including steakmilk). This episode is top shelf, amazing end to end.

5 Likes

*continued:

1:06:39 - “My brother-in-law took down a 12-point buck last winter, so I made this blood sausage, anybody want some?”
Crow, Servo, and Jonah: extreme disgust ((I can’t believe they never heard of blood sausages))
Growler: “Okay, suit yourself, I’ll be over here.”

BONUS RIFF:

47:55 - Waverly: “Who’s ready for borscht? I put sour cream in separate containers so you can dollop it out yourselves!”
Jonah: “Ugh, not now, M. Waverly.”

4 Likes

1202: Isn’t just that little bit strange they would do a movie made deep into the 21st Century?

1204: Because the story seemingly changes every three minutes, this one is so fantastic! Also, the “Concepts” song is amazing!

1206: Considering how much I adore Cave Dwellers. I was quite pleased when I saw they were doing another Ator movie!

This was a fun journey of screenshots! Looking forward to seeing them uploaded!

2 Likes

This one of my favorite riff sequences of the Netflix era!:

Servo: Remind me again: How much Keefe is in this movie?
Jonah: Oh, hush!

3 Likes

The Day Time Ended

You guys remember that time when Growler smoked a cigar?

Also, the straw hat he wore didn’t even fit, which is pretty funny.

4 Likes

Isn’t Tom’s ditzy tourist monologue at the end of Manos (1966) the “Longest riff ever”? The one where the ladies are driving to Valley Lodge in vintage Manos fashion and Tom goes on over “8 to 10 glasses of water” and “7 Pounds of Butter” and Crow and Joel turn to look at each other.

1 Like

The opening of The Day Time Ended has one, huge Crow riff about grandpa willing his body to drive a car to the airport.

grabs :stopwatch:

Hmmm. Just shy of a full minute. Grabbing MANOS…

more :stopwatch:

A minute plus extra! Well hot damn.

2 Likes