Episodes 517-521: Share your screenshots and favorite riffs!

As a refresher:

You can submit one to three screenshots in comments on each post. Please keep your images at minimum 800px x 600px and 72 dpi. File type does not matter. YES, screenshots of host segments are welcome too!

If you’d ALSO like to throw in a favorite riff, choose one that’s relatively short. Remember to include the timestamp of where it happens in the episode. Ideally the riff should make sense when used in context with the screenshot(s) you’ve chosen. Riffs are optional, though, and if you’d rather just share screenshots, that is fine too.

All of this info will be collected and may be used in the Gizmoplex library! Your contributions are greatly appreciated, even if you can’t participate on every post. There’s zero pressure to do EVERY episode. Whatever you can do will help.

517 Beginning Of The End
518 The Atomic Brain
519 Outlaw (Of Gor)
520 Radar Secret Service
521 Santa Claus

4 Likes

517 Beginning of the End

Crow at 1:24:50 - “Top of the Wrigley Building, ma!”

518 The Atomic Brain

Mike at 1:08:20 - “Whoops, that was window cleaner.”

4 Likes

519 Outlaw

Mike at 10:00 - “I’m guessing the ‘Crespi’ guy in the middle is gonna go home, put on a pan of mac and cheese and fall asleep.”

520 Radar Secret Service

Crow at 39:55 - “Just imagine this on Omnimax.”

5 Likes

521 Santa Claus

Servo at 21:45 - “That is a mouth, isn’t it?”

Mike at 46:45 = “Well, Santa, I guess all us 3-year-olds will just fend for ourselves.”

Crow at 1:18:23 - (singing) “Does the devil lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?”

5 Likes

Beginning of the End:

“How 'bout we kiss?” (Crow, 28:54)

“Hey, this is even worse than that other stuff that we didn’t know what it was!” (Crow; riff at 32:33, shot at 33:30)

“Nothing going on here.” (Servo; riff at 01:19:56, shot at 01:21:28)

3 Likes

OUTLAW OF GORE!
-=Now In Box-O-Vision=-

This movie is my guilty pleasure; all of the ‘fun’ of Ator with somehow even less charm but easily four times the larp-style costume design.

4 Likes

517 - Beginning of the End

(image/riff taken approximately at 24:15)

Crow: “I’m Peter Graves!”

(image taken approximately at 1:13:23; riff taken approximately at 1:12:07)

Crow: “Just come to see what you’ve done with all the grant money OH MY GOD”

(image taken approximately at 1:16:36; riff taken approximately at 1:16:41)

Crow: “Pete! PETE! Short, controlled bursts!”

518 - The Atomic Brain

(image/riff taken approximately at 23:41)

Crow: “Chug it!”
Mike: “Finish it!”
Servo: “Woo!”

(image/riff taken approximately at 32:37)

Servo: “We have an official bevy.”

(image/riff taken approximately at 1:20:32)

Mike: “Y’know, guys, I wanna go to Egypt.”

5 Likes

519 - Outlaw (Of Gor)

(image/riff taken approximately at 32:02)

Servo: “Here, now take this out to table seven.”

(image taken approximately at 30:23; riff taken approximately at 30:07)

Servo: “Geez, she’s trying to sleep her way to the bottom!”

(image taken approximately at 33:38; riff taken approximately at 33:55)

Servo: “I’m out here with my little warrior!”

520 - Radar Secret Service

(image taken approximately at 49:54; riff taken approximately at 50:27)

Mike: “Her hair is soft serve…”

(image/riff taken approximately at 59:44)

Servo: “Thelma and Luigi!”

(image taken approximately at 1:17:16; riff taken approximately at 1:17:19)

Crow: “Let’s synchronize our ties!”

4 Likes

521 - Santa Claus

(image/riff taken approximately at 18:30)

Crow: “Now this is good old-fashioned nightmare fuel!”

(image/riff taken approximately at 19:54)

Crow: “Just act natural…”

(image/riff taken approximately at 1:06:37)

Mike: “Well, three houses down, 650 billion to go!”

4 Likes

Late addition, one of my favorite silly riffs from Beginning of the End

1:20:02 - Servo as soldier (lowered voice): “I’m hiding from a lion… It’s got these women scared stiff”

3 Likes

Felt I should add the classic, “why don’t they look” from "Last Clear Chance (Radar Secret Service)

24:34

5 Likes

520 Last Clear Chance (with film Radar Secret Service)

Okay, yes, Radar Secret Service is the experiment and it is a good one, but there’s no question that Last Clear Chance is absolutely brilliant and is honestly far superior to the film. The subject matter is legitimate, informative, and should be heeded, but the framing device of a cop laying into the kid with the new license and the various montages that go back and forth between whimsical, funny, and downright dark practically gives you whiplash. It’s got to be one of the few times you watch someone die from vehicular negligence and laughing your ass off. I remember hearing MST3K was asked by Comedy Central to find ways to cut the show short for easier scheduling, and I don’t see why they didn’t consider doing an all-shorts series, because ones like these are so strong. There’s a huge chunk in the middle excised for time that follows Robert Banbridge’s death and vehicles throughout the ages that is quite interesting and makes you wonder just what they would have said about it (I wonder if they wrote the riffs then cut them, or just planned never to include those parts…I hope it’s the former and that we could see them someday).

1. Call the AV Club

“I suppose I should have gone in for a few minutes…but I just couldn’t do it…”
    “Because of the tear in the sprocket holes!” (Officer Hal, Crow; 6:41)

Great visual gag because of the deteriorated film.

1. Hazards on the Road

“Here is another hazard of our superhighways that we patrolmen see all too often…”
    “Women drivers!” laughter (Officer Hal, Mike; 17:48)

Misogynistic? Perhaps. But it cracks me up every time. Obviously they’re making fun of that mindset and don’t actually believe in it.

1. Would You Identify This Bucket Full Of Your Brother?

“You know, son, 40% of all accidents…”
    “OH SHUT UP, WILL YA?!” (Mike, Tom; 24:16)

“Why Don’t They Look?” may be the tagline of this episode and would make an excellent stinger, but this riff feels like the entire short was leading up to it. Tom’s exasperated shout coupled with Alan’s look…it’s absolutely perfect setup and delivery. I’ve seen this short about 167 times and it keeps getting funnier every single time I see it!

Honorable Mention Riff: “Well, live and learn.” - Crow, immediately following Frank Jr.'s fatal accident.

3 Likes