Episodes that nobody has seen

MST3K fans recognize many common references from many of the same experiments that we’ve all seen. If I call you a worm face with a lumpy butt and toss wizard whiz on you and tell you to buzz off, kid, you will fo sho get the joke.

But, what about episodes that nobody references because the last time anyone saw them was when they first aired on TV?

As an MST3K fan, have you told any MST3K jokes to other MST3K fans without them understanding what you were getting at?

Lay down on the couch and tell us how you feel.

6 Likes

The Deadly Bees comes to mind. That one was never released on disc by Rhino or Shout.

3 Likes

Any references from that episode that you’ve said to people who then turned out to be crickets?

1 Like

I hate when people turn out to be crickets. Those dang crickets have tricked me one too many times

2 Likes
I haven’t seen KTMA-03, Star Force: Fugitive Alien II.
5 Likes

I’ve seen it floating around the YT lately though, which is good because it’s a really good episode.

1 Like

I was just poking at a few ones I haven’t really seen and don’t remember, mostly from season 6. Here’s the thing though; I have watched Pod People like once. The Trumpy references typically sail right by me as such.

2 Likes

Deadly Bees has one of my favorite dumb riffs. “Objection, stupid hat!”

For me, I have the hardest time remembering that some episodes from season 6 even exist. Like, who ever talks about High School Big Shot or The Amazing Transparent Man? I guess Brute Man is also one that doesn’t get brought up much, but thankfully it seems that more people have seen it and enjoyed it recently. Good thing too, since Brute Man is a very funny episode.

5 Likes

One of my favorite Mike moments:

6 Likes

The whole “Dark One” thing from Robot Holocaust, one of my favorite running bits.

4 Likes

The dogs meat, have you seen it?

5 Likes

I strongly believe that Fire Maidens of Outer Space would be much more highly thought of if it was available on all the official platforms.

5 Likes

For The Aliens (1986) skit ALONE.

2 Likes

Even with DVD releases, most Season 1 episodes I think nowadays would fall into this.

I mean, my friend from Germany who has been watching the sets just recently learned that “Johnny Longtorso” and “HIKEEBA!” both came from a Season 1 episode.

4 Likes

Now I’m idly wondering if the adaptation of The Cricket In Times Square would be riff-worthy. I only ever saw a few minutes of it once, a thousand years ago. So I don’t know.

1 Like

Godzilla vs. Megalon. It was briefly on Rhino set 10 before it was pulled for set 10.2 which swapped it out for The Giant Gila Monster. I was lucky enough to snatch up vol 10, but how many people weren’t so lucky.

2 Likes

You mean Muffled vs. Muffled

3 Likes

I always picked up the sets right away, so I got one too, along with having recorded it off the air when it aired.
There’s also the fun host segment on the 10.2 replacement disc talking about how to properly dispose of G***** vs. M******.

They made a movie of The Cricket in Times Square??

1 Like

Yep, and some heavy hitters were involved. I remember very little about it, though:

1 Like