Episodes You Won't Watch Because You Can't Sit Through The Movie?

You are not alone, comrade.

2 Likes

Joel’s riff, “Every frame of this movie looks like someone’s last known photograph.” didn’t come from nowhere.

6 Likes

Hamlet, wild world of batwoman and high school big shot.

3 Likes

Fandom is when we all laugh at each other’s pain.

2 Likes

Oh, lord, where to start! I’m not going to get into the newer seasons at all, because I don’t want to be overly negative.

But, from the original run(s), a great many of those dire 1970s pictures/failed TV pilots. SFInt’l, Mitchell, and so forth. The riffs may be great, but I feel greasy and filthy after watching that kind of thing. Can’t do it. Yeah, I’ve seen them once, maybe more than once, but I can’t deal. Throw in Pod People as well: despite some iconic riffs, it’s just a gross movie IMHO. Idiot control, indeed. They didn’t idiot control ENOUGH!

3 Likes

Mitchell was theatrically released, amazingly enough.

2 Likes

I know! Joe Don Baker was a big deal back in the day! And, yet, Mitchell.

2 Likes

The Sidehackers is one episode my Mom and I can’t watch because you never know when bikers movies can become about rape and murder.
And I for one, CANNOT stomach The Giant Spider Invasion, even if the movie’s entreatingly bad, the segments are messed up, my god they’re the most unnerving and disturbing things I’ve ever seen. I got to thank Bobo for saving everyone’s lives, even if Pearl forced the SOL Crew to watch the movie all over again. I thought they’re all gonna DIE!

3 Likes

That Batwoman movie is just too corny to watch, but the host segments in that episode are just too hilarious.

4 Likes

The Beast of Yucca Flats and Hamlet definitely come into mind for me.

2 Likes

Considering a re-watch of Rocketship X-M today, but do I really want to spend the entire rest of the week thinking about how fun it would be to repeatedly hit Lloyd Bridges’ character with a chair and then shove his pulped remains out an airlock?

Truly, a dilemma for the ages.

8 Likes

Solid choices for this topic!

2 Likes

A dilemma indeed. Is Rocketship the one where the other crew member keeps gabbing about Texas? I think Rocketship and 12 to the Moon are cut from the same cloth, both populated with insufferable characters. I sometimes confuse both of these with Rifftrax’s Missile to the Moon, another rocket-to-the-moon epic with unlikeable characters.

Here’s a scary thought: mash all three of 'em together into 12 Rocketship Missles to the Moon and see how long we can endure the pain. Lloyd oozes his smarm at the lady navigator while everyone else fights for a lawn chair to sit in, and the two stowaway scoundrels from Missile blame each other for everything that’s gone wrong.

3 Likes

I actually don’t find anyone in 12 To The Moon as irksome as Bridges. Even if it’s still not a great movie. Haven’t seen Missile yet, but I’ll get back to you when I do. :coffee:

3 Likes

Well there was the scientist who couldn’t keep his hands off of stuff on the weird planet.

1 Like

I guess that’s why they call it “moon madness.”

1 Like

Some days, I can deal with “Valeria’s” terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad voice.

Turns out today is NOT one of those days. :grin:

Get Out Dancing GIF by Jules Mumm

4 Likes

Munchie…

4 Likes

10000000% agree about Kitten with a Whip. shudder I just can’t.

5 Likes

All of these are ones I have issues with, as well. Ugh. Kitten with a Whip and Girl from Lovers Lane give me the ick and Stranded in Space and High School Bigshot are just chunks of time I can never get back. No thanks.

3 Likes