Episodes You Won't Watch Because You Can't Sit Through The Movie?

Aw, c’mon. Nobody gets over better than Big Stupid! (Actually I find it kind of a beautiful movie in its way…poignant and touching). And Jack Elam…well…he certainly was the man for that role! (Elam was IMHO a phenomenal character actor, but, he really gave that role that certain…essence).

No argument about Kitten/Whip and especially HS Bigshot…just completely repulsive, offensive “films.” They could have been pretty solid little genre pictures, you know…but they just didn’t care!

3 Likes

Big Stupid A. Hole, more like. :confused:

2 Likes

Y’all just don’t understand the brilliance of Kitten With A Whip :laughing:

6 Likes

Well, the “hero’s” picture should be in a thesaurus directly beneath the list of antonyms for brilliance, so maybe we can start there.

2 Likes

The point is, my mother doesn’t know WHY it deserves to be riffed, because it functions like a normal typical movie.

1 Like

I think I have none I can’t sit through… but there are some I’m more likely to do laundry, pick up around the house or look at my phone to. KTMA episodes, some of season 1. The Castle of Fu Manchu. The Lost Continent.

6 Likes

I found that after having a child of my own, I have a low tolerance for movies where children are harmed. I actually got sad in Zombieland when they had the scene featuring the zombie children at the birthday party (my wife lifted my spirits by mentioning that the kid actors probably loved doing all that monster stuff.)

So, yeah, the end of MANOS with the daughter becoming a bride for the Master really just compels me to avoid the movie altogether.

But that’s on me more than MST3K or even the movie makers.

5 Likes

How dare they bring darkness into this Satan movie!

5 Likes

For me its The Bubble. There’s tough episodes, but The Bubble really makes me want to punch everyone involved. Its so frustrating and irksome to watch the hapless protagonist be so obstinately, fiercely determined to be such an incompetent, clueless, boneheaded clod that it alternately makes my blood boil and fall asleep. He tries to talk to people who are in a loop and they just ignore him to keep on doing bizarre and impossible things … and he just shrugs his shoulders, sticks his hands in his pockets and whistles like its perfectly normal. Just typing this makes me want to do an palm-heel strike up his nose bridge.

8 Likes

His whiny spouse and that smarmy creep who bedded the hypnotized dancer are also pretty terrible.

5 Likes

Pretty much everyone and everything in that movie is terrible. The townspeople are all doing stuff that is patently absurd in repeat mode and that’s frustrating to watch. It’s literally a fishbowl movie too. Then they made the awful choice of having the wife be pregnant and deliver a baby and drag the horrible ickiness of torturing infants into the whole thing. It is all very grating and grinds on the spirit.

I can sort of tolerate most of the other bad movies the show has done. Even Manos has a distant charm, and snoozefests like Lost Continent at least don’t make me actively HATE the people involved. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I feel like the slog is worth it because of Crow’s eventual meltdown and bolting, and then the other two also snapping, but not even having enough will left to follow him.

Unsure if I could endure this for anyone other than the Great Father Of All Riffs. :wink:

2 Likes

It’s a grenade I think Joel needed to jump on to make it work.

4 Likes