Ever binge an entire season in one day?

MST3K can be difficult to binge given the long format… not that MSTies ever let that stand in our way! But have you ever binge-watched an entire season of a show in one day (or one sitting)?

We did it by accident with Season 2 of Stranger Things. We started out just watching a couple of episodes, but when one episode finished, we’d say “just one more”. The next thing we knew, we had finished the entire season.

2 Likes

Oh yes. Bridgerton, Good Omens and every season of Disenchantment so far.

4 Likes

I stretched out Good Omens intentionally. Didn’t want it to end. It was… Ineffable.

5 Likes

I watched season 12, The Gauntlet (queue Kinga’s hand motion), on the day after Thanksgiving. I couldn’t watch it on release day, Thanksgiving, since I was preparing the holiday meal. I allowed myself about 10 minutes of a break between episodes, but otherwise it was a glorious post-holiday binge-fest.

I need to be off my feet (doctor’s orders) on the last weekend of July and I plan to revisit some MST3K and continue to try and win my wife over. The struggle is real.

5 Likes

Cheers, Wings, Stranger Things, Last Man on Earth, and more i can’t remember right now. I have a lot of time on my hands.

1 Like

I mistook the title of this topic to refer to MST3K. As this would be difficult/impossible aside from a few seasons, I wanted to find out who among us might have the ability to bend time.

2 Likes

Nope, I never binge anything. If I’m enjoying something I want to make it last.

2 Likes

Oh, of just any show?

Sure. I think within the past year, The Norm Show aka Norm, and I think it’s called The New Girl with the brunette who kind of looks like a wallabee…whatserface Deschanel.

There have been others. Alias Smith and Jones, I’m sure, maybe during the first time I saw the series.

I think I did see at least one season of MST3K “classic” in one sitting…maybe the KTMA ones (minus The Missing Episode) and probably some others, but it’s difficult to remember.

1 Like

Some British shows have notoriously short seasons. I think there is a season or two of Red Dwarf I binged in a single day, possibly even multiple seasons in a single day. I also binged Fawlty Towers in a single day.

3 Likes

Back in high school, for one glorious three-day weekend, I had the entire house to myself and I watched about 32 episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer in that time. I’ve binge-watched over shows since then, but that’s the one that really sticks out to me.

4 Likes

Special on Netflix Season One is super bingeable. And pleasant. Also, The Way of the Househusband anime. I watch these back to back because they teach me vital survival skills.

1 Like

Oh yeah. Man, that brings me back a bit. I was late to Buffy and Angel but I went through them quickly.

As well as Twin Peaks and On The Air.

Kinds of shows that are pretty hard to resist. Pretty sure my first few times through TP was when housesitting for a friend at school who had them on VHS ( :upside_down_face:), then of course had to watch them again when my girlfriend at the time came over to help take care of the place.

Too many to remember, really. Not so much Netflix/AMZN prime, but back in the day, definitely binged and purged and binged some more.

I know I’ve done a minimum of Twlight Zone seasons at one go, as well as Night Gallery. So many.

2 Likes

I must’ve technically done it with some shows that only had 2 or 3 episodes in the season, or 5 minute episodes. But to me binge-watching is just watching an episode or two almost every day for a few weeks (which isn’t my norm, it mainly happens with Farscape, if I think I’m going to watch just one episode I end up re-watching the rest of the series from there over the following weeks). Any faster than that would make me hate anything.

1 Like

Just did that with WandaVision last week. (No access and time during the school year.)

I’ll try not to do that with the rest…

2 Likes

Gonna out muself as a huge nerd here, but recently did that with Rezero. Also, while it took more than a day it’s straight up embarrassing how quickly
I burned through TNG’s first season.

1 Like

Of course! I try not to do that so much these days, but if I feel particularly motivated, I’ll do just that.

Just like TheHippy, I watched all of Fawlty Towers in a day. I already saw the series before, but I wanted to have a day of it.

And where MST3K is concerned, I’m sure I watched all of Season 7 and Season 12 in a day. That would be on different days, but I wouldn’t be opposed to watching all of Season 7 and Season 12 on the same day.

2 Likes

“an”?

1 Like

Neil Finn of Crowded House binged four and then wrote a song about it :wink:

4 Likes

only the Gauntlet, thanks to boring football on Thanksgiving

1 Like

Of any show?

Well obviously I did it for both The Return and The Gauntlet (in all seriousness, I got up at like midnight on Thanksgiving to be able to watch all the episodes of The Return at once!), but aside from that… when I first started watching the new Doctor Who I went through the first season in a day, I think… and then there’s Elementary, which I’m RE-watching at the moment and I think I got all the way through season 1 in a day recently… I’m sure there’s others, but those are all that’s coming to mind at the moment.

2 Likes