Ever had a supernatural event happen to you?

Have you ever had a supernatural event happen to you? Ever see a ghost, alien or monster?

2 Likes

No, but the streets near an old apartment would be shut down every now and then for filming episodes of Supernatural.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve seen a Fugitive Alien a time or two.

3 Likes

Not really myself, because I tend to GTFO any time I feel anything remotely creepy or supernatural-ish going on. Having had some full-on hallucinations (thanks Ambien!), I suspect that the majority of supernatural events are psychological phenomena rather than anything else. Does that mean I go charging into haunted houses? Heck noā€¦ I listen to my instincts. If those hackles on my neck go up (those onesā€¦ if you donā€™t know which ones I mean, be glad), I vac my weight right out of there.

UFOs are another thing entirelyā€¦ those arenā€™t necessarily supernatural, just unknown. Given what the Pentagon has acknowledged in recent years about UFO sightings it would be very difficult to argue that something isnā€™t going on around military training areas. That doesnā€™t mean aliens necessarily, just that thereā€™s an unknown player out there with some impressive capabilities.

2 Likes

Never seen anything myself that I thought to be supernatural. But I used to follow the ghostcam and Ordsall Hall in Salford and caught some very interesting capsā€¦

investigation25-a

snake

1 Like

I have experienced a handful of supernatural experiences in my life.

One time, my mom and I was watching TV in our living room, and behind us is the stairwell to go upstairs where there was a bathroom with two sinks. When my stepdad was out of town on a business trip, we had the upstairs sink faucet turn on by it self and it sounded like someone was washing their hands, then turn off the sink. And no one was upstairs.

A more scary situation. When I was living with my dad, I was in my room staying up late one my computer. And my closest that had accordion metal doors, ripped itself open and the accordion doors were ripped clean off of the tracks they were connected to. As I looked, I saw a handprint, probably 8 inches tall and 4-5 inches wide. That looked like someone with long claw like fingers stuck itā€™s hand in some ashes and smeared their handprint on the wall.

1 Like

Nope. Like Los Pantalones del Diablo (just going to assume thatā€™s his full name), when I get a bad vibe from a place I nope right out of there. Usually that means your lizard brainā€™s picked up on something bad.

Years ago I went through a period of really bad sleep paralysis, though. I saw all kinds of weird, shadowy figures when that happened, which can freak you out if you donā€™t know whatā€™s actually happening. Most creepy ā€œI was lying in bed whenā€ stories sound like what I experienced. Your brain does weird things, man. Add in things like carbon monoxide poisoning (hallucinations, lost time) and lots of inexplicable things arenā€™t that inexplicable.

1 Like

A very long time ago I was going to make some Pillsbury Slice and Bake cookies so I got out the cookie pan and set it on the kitchen table. I stepped out of the room to answer the phone and when I came back the tray was gone. I looked all around the kitchen but couldnā€™t find the thing so I was both confused and pissed off. Later on that evening I was in the living room watching tv when I noticed the cookie sheet was on top of the stepladder I had been using to replace some acoustic tiles earlier in the day. I know damn well I didnā€™t put it there and I was the only one in the house so thatā€™s something Iā€™ve never been able to explain to this day.

2 Likes

Aliens, if they exist, are not supernatural. Perfectly natural.

ā€˜Monstersā€™, if they exist, also not supernatural. Perfectly natural.

Iā€™m kinda shaking my head here. ā€˜We donā€™t know what it is, therefore it must be supernaturalā€™ is the kind of crap I donā€™t have any patience with.

The natural world is strange enough without having to invent more stuff to fill in the cracks.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s nothing there - just really bad photos and your brainā€™s desire to see patterns everywhere.

1 Like

OK.

1 Like

Does Bigfoot (or the Sasquatch) count? 'cause Iā€™ve heard stories about it in the Washington stateā€¦ which is where I am right now.

1 Like

Meanwhile, 10 miles outside Washington State University.

2 Likes

watusi?

1 Like