Every country has a monster...

Randomly decided to rewatch the Netflix seasons, and this song is amazing. Definitely one of the stand out segments of the season.

Anyone else have favorite moments from the two Netflix seasons?

22 Likes

ECHAM was definitely a high point. My favorite Jonah episode is Avalanche, because I also loved the Kinga/NPH duet Our Love is on Wings, and the list of “cheesy mashed-up monster movie names a la Sharknado” segment made my husband nearly choke to death from laughing so hard.

5 Likes

The freeze-frame montage concluding segments from The Christmas That Almost Wasn’t.

7 Likes

Tom Servo’s Music Man sketch CONCEPTS from The Day Time Ended (1980). It immediately took me back to the Comedy Central years. It grows on me more every time. Others? The Apollo 13 Killer Fish (1978) skit, the explanation of Cry Wilderness (1987) segment, the Project Runway fashions of The Beast of Hollow Mountain (1956), the crawl of copyrighted disaster movie titles in Avalanche (1978), and the song in Yongary, Monster From the Deep (1967).

13 Likes

The kids’ party sketch from Mac & Me had both watchers in our house dying the other day. :hamburger: :flying_saucer:

I always laugh at the big finale from The Loves Of Hercules when everyone mimics the film and just wordlessly sings to each other. :muscle: :love_letter:

6 Likes

I second the Jonah McDonah’s sketch. Crow and Jonah really sell the terror and I laugh.

5 Likes

Another fan of Concepts.

And the end of Hercules, with the big musical score, which they imitate, and carry into the SOL, and onto Moon 13 - louder and louder and more dramatic they go, they pull out a bullhorn, and at one point Max just out and out screams…

That bit put me in stitches, I was laughing so hard, for so long, “By that time, my lungs were aching for air”.

I know some fans disliked that bit - it’s too noisy… but that’s the point… the hysteria is hysterical, and the parody is priceless.

Edit, and as I was typing, CLANG beat me to it… still it was a big time laugher for me.

8 Likes

I know this is about favorite moments, but I just need to get my irritation that they couldn’t have gotten a better ape mask for Kevin for his cameo?? off my chest. And I’m better now.

5 Likes

ONE MORE!!! The gonzo nuts finale of Lords of The Deep (1989). The Good Morning America Max & Kinga Morning Show interview with the B-Movie monster professor. Taking the eye protection off the Lord of Deep and the ensuing psychedelic madness complete with borrowed “candy cane” graphic left me in hysterics. Still does.

7 Likes

I loved the duet between Kinga and Neil Patrick Harris. Well wrote and executed.

5 Likes

“She shows me how, but not when!” :joy:

1 Like

I, too, love the wordless singing at the end of The Loves of Hercules. I also enjoy the “Every Country Has a Monster” song, in part because of the cutouts that probably took a while to make and many were seen for all of two seconds.

But I think my favorite is the Mesozoic BBQ song. “Jingle’s self-aware now!”

7 Likes

I do still get a kick out of the M.Waverly trolling from “The Loves of Hercules.” After building up the addition of a new bot to the Kickstarter backers, we were finally introduced to M.Waverly in the episode, only to have Tom and Crow immediately destroy him.

2 Likes

Moon 14 Mesozoic Ranch Dinosaur BBQ

“Slam it on the grill and cram it in your facehole.”

Moon14

13 Likes

Delightfully unhinged:

16 Likes

All of Star Crash.

3 Likes

Apparently Kevin only agreed to come back as Bobo if he didn’t have to wear the makeup.

4 Likes

What monster does Sealand have?

2 Likes

Give 'em a little fame and suddenly they want a comfy workplace and stuff. What’s next?! :scream_cat:

4 Likes

That was his real face!?

6 Likes