Every country has a monster...

I also loved the wacky-waving-inflatable-arm-flailing-tube-men organ from Atlantic Rim. I want one.

5 Likes

Dr. Donna St. Phibes reads so earnest and sincere. She slayed in Lords of the Deep (1989) and Ator, the Fighting Eagle (1982). I trust we run into her again. The PBS Nature angle could be more explored.

4 Likes

With respect, Kevin is at the point in life he can do what he wants. Rifftrax affords him that. He doesn’t have to work for a living and he’s helping them more than he’s helping himself. He’s also a diva (having vocal opinions) and all those years on MST3K through Comedy Central, the Joel/Jim Mallon Divorce, the feature film, the Sci-Fi Channel, and 9 Seasons of the program left an impact of not wanting to do certain things again. Heavy prosthetic makeup is apparently one. He lasted on the show longer than anyone else. If he opts not to be made up for hours, he has that right.

3 Likes

Sorry that I didn’t have my sarcasm font switched on for that last comment, Sir.

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

By diva, a forceful known personality with obvious preferences and thoughts. It wasn’t a slam because I love Kevin. Most of us do. He won’t be shy on what he thinks though. Which was my point.

1 Like

Great. My point was that I was kidding around. I’m glad we could reach an understanding about that.

2 Likes

buhBOOM

5 Likes

I figured you were joking and I intended no offense. Seriously Clang. I love your bead on things. These days there are people who would actually complain about that and you catch that everywhere in various forms of fandom. People can’t take a joke. Due to that and my philosophical analytical nature I shared some of my thoughts on Kevin and the show. I felt you were likely joking but on the off chance someone else actually had that thought I said my peace. Sorry Clang. We all love the show in our own ways. That’s all it was.

1 Like

We each have own ways of reacting Clang. The thing with words is you don’t hear the tone of voice and it is more subjective to the eyes that scan them. I got you were joking yet it inspired me to dig deeper into it because you inspired me too not that I wanted to correct you. I did preface my whole thing with “With respect” after all. No hard feelings Clang. I just zagged to your zig was all. We each respond differently to what we run across. It’s called being human.

I declare the “I’m kidding” emoji to be: :honeybee:

1 Like

:+1:

Let the record state that even if a person’s job is “pumping sour cream on 39-cent enchiritos in Coral Gables,” I don’t want them to be miserable at work. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I’m cursed with having an intensity that turns people off and at times leads to forceful disagreements accidentally. Particularly in text. Story of my life. No harm meant. I delve into what I love very profoundly and totally if I believe in it and that’s who I am. I go where my heart takes me and it is sincere not provocative or aggressive. I feel bad now. Apologies.

Amen to that! Love you man! Thanks for understanding! :+1:

1 Like

I get Mitchell “Buzz off, kid!” vibes from the bee, cute as it is.

I propose :otter:. As in (joke coming in) “you otter not take it seriously.” (There it is! Bazoom!)

:otter:

4 Likes

Ahhh, one high point for me was from “At the Earth’s Core”

“What is this, the Sid & Marty Krofft Death March?!”

Ha!
But then anything with Doug McClure is already gold.

5 Likes

Literally every moment of Cry Wilderness is a highlight for me!

Also a big fan of Concepts because I feel like Music Man is a fun show, in particular the song Concepts is based on, and I loved seeing the homage haha.

OOH but y’know what I really don’t see getting enough love? The song from the first Wizards of the Lost Kingdom. “Simon, one day you’ll learn how to raise the undead the right way, with someone you care about.” First time I watched that ep I downloaded the song and it was stuck in my head for days

6 Likes

Cry Wilderness (1987) lingers as flawless MST3K. A sibling episode to Pod People (1983) and just as bleak, unremitting, and unfathomable adding in the charm of the threesome tackling such a fog of “Concepts.” Nature, the supernatural, continuity, and the fads of the age slickly done and devoid of thought infuse both as timeless subjects to riff. Cry Wilderness is one unified moment of Netflix season greatness altogether chased by Avalanche (1978) and Starcrash (1978) close behind.

4 Likes

I replied to this and it’s under your comment but not listed as a reply. Technology.

1 Like

I loved that Youngary danced with the kid and then they lit him up. I laughed way too hard at that.

3 Likes

I love the song from WOTLK (also, perhaps my favorite episode from the past few seasons).

3 Likes