Every MST3K monster/character that has an action figure (There are more than I thought)

As a big MST3K fan, I’d jump at a chance to own high quality action figures of some of MST3K’s most memorable characters, not just the Best Brains cast, but characters and monsters from the riffed-on movies themselves. I’ve only been successful in tracking a few of them down, but apparently, there are way more out there than I originally thought.

The 8" Universal Monsters figure sets released a few years ago, contain three classic monsters featured on MST3K, which also happen to be the perfect scale to display alongside your Tom Servo and Gypsy figures, if you bought the deluxe Shout Factory DVD sets. This includes:

The Creature (technically from Creature from the Black Lagoon, but they used the same suit for Revenge of the Creature)
A Mole Man from The Mole People (and Wild Wild World of Batwoman!)
And a Metaluna Mutant from This Island Earth (Which even comes with it’s own Interociter in the deluxe Diamond Select version.)
They’ve also done a few werewolves, bit nothing that looks like Michael Landon’s Teenage Werewolf, the werewolf from Mad Monster, or any Warwilfs that may be lurking around.

Of course, there are plenty Gumby and of Godzilla toys out there.

Not just the big G himself, but Jet Jaguar (who is just about in scale with the MST3K figures in his small form), Megalon, and even the “Sea Monster

And Bandai released a whole series of Daiei Gamera figures, which include Gamera, Gurion, Gyaos, Barugon, Zigra and the rest.

Of course, you can buy an El Santo figure, but it’s built like He-Man with a miniscule waist, and doesn’t look much like the character from Samson vs. The Vampire Women.

There was also an insanely expensive “Rocketman” figure, better known to MSTies as Commando Cody, which now goes for about $600.

And a Diabolik figure, which is also incredibly overpriced, but it’s based on the comic that the 1968 movie is based on, and doesn’t look much like John Phillip Law.

And that’s about it that I’m aware of in action figure form.
Note that you can find busts and resin kit models of Tor Johnson, Gorgo, and a few others, but I’m limiting this to just figures that have at least a few points of articulation.

Has anybody else found any other action figures based on MST3Ked movies?
(I did search eBay, but sweet mercy, nobody appears to have made any Mac & Me figures… yet.)

18 Likes

Did some digging and found a few more. I totally forgot Full Moon had made a Laserblast football-butt alien figure, but sadly, it’s only about 3" tall.

And I guess if I’m being thorough and counting the KTMA season episodes, you can also find Green Slime, Captain Scarlet, and Space 1999 action figures, as seen in KTMA experiments K00, K02 and K10.

I also found an Amazing Colossal Man action figure, but clearly based on his appearance in War of the Colossal Beast …Which I suppose makes more sense, because without the bus accessory to add some sort of scale, it just looks like a regular bald guy getting out of the shower.

They also appear to have made a few Mighty Jack action figures in Japan during the 80’s, though I think these were based on the later TV series that was more about fighting giant monsters rather than some Blofeld knock-off named “Q.”
imageimage

Even more amazing, they made a whole series of action figures for Time of the Apes.
Not good action figures, mind you… but action figures none-the-less. (Pepe in particular is extra disturbing with those soulless void eyes)

And while it just barely counts as an “action” figure, because it can fire tiny missiles, I did find this tiny crappy Fugitive Alien Bacchus III Hotwheels sized toy.

And finally, to show the Netflix series some love, you can buy this super-expensive “Caroline Munro” action figure, which at no point mentions Starcrash anywhere on the box, I’m sure for copyright reasons, but it’s quite obviously a Starcrash action figure.

Also, in case you were wondering, Caroline Munro has still got it goin’ on. :kissing_heart:

18 Likes

Oh, and finally, if anybody’s looking to make a custom Dr. Clayton Forrester figure, you could do a lot worse as a starting base than this Gene Wilder Young Frankenstein Mego doll. (Just add glasses, fill out the mustache, dye the lab coat green, and give him a necktie.)

11 Likes

There are also several Re-Action figures of monsters from Riffed movies. Also, they JUST reissued the Mole People Mask so you can have a Jerry and/or Sylvia too.

3 Likes

How about a Party Beach monster?

https://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/bmovies-ah-c-19_119/horror-of-party-beach-12-inch-premium-figure-limited-edition-p-16194.html

11 Likes

That same site is a treasure trove, it seems:

crawlingkit1
mantiskit1lg

10 Likes

What I like about most of these figures is that more thought and care was put into them than the originals.

11 Likes

That’s great, but where are all the hot dogs?

How do you make a movie for jillions (or at least thousands) of dollars that looks like cheap junk, and later make monster models that completely outclass the movie?

5 Likes

That Creeping Terror model is hilarious! :rofl:

I’d like to remove the “Creeping Terror” plaque and put it someplace prominent, like a coffee table, just to see the incredulous “WTF” looks it would draw from visitors.

5 Likes

Well, if we’re opening it up to non-articulated statues and other toys, you can also get some fun vintage Rocky Jones, Space Ranger stuff. Including an Orbit Jet rocketship, wristwatch, and coloring book… which like most coloring books of the era, appears to have been illustrated by someone who had never seen the show and had the actors described to them over the telephone. (I honestly can’t tell if that’s supposed to be Bobby or Winky in the bottom image.)

Also, when it comes to stupid resin model kits for MSTied movies, it’s going to be hard to top:

I agree with @McCloud, that this is best displayed without the title plaque so people will react with an appropriate “WTF?” when they see it.

8 Likes

Oh, and you know how I said “at least nobody has made any Mac & Me figures?”
Apparently, I lied.

2 Likes

Found a few more… They made a Steve Reeves Hercules figure.
You can own one yourself… if you have $3,398.88 to spare. (And it doesn’t even talk! What a rip-off)

And an I was a Teenage Werewolf figure. (Milk not included)

And of course, much to my surprise, they appear to have made some rather nice replicas of the ships used in Space Mutiny. Who would have thought?

7 Likes

you can even find some nice models of the Galacti… I mean the Southen Sun

3 Likes

Those, umm, Stingray Vipers were a favorite toy of mine as a kid … dense foam with a handheld launch thingy. Tons of Fridge Largemeat-approved fun.

5 Likes

Another Monsters in Motion kit…

6 Likes

I don’t know… It looks like those Vipers may reach speeds higher than 3.

A few more:

They appear to have made an Aztec Mummy statuette, but no Robot (or guy in robot suit) to go with it?

Also, there is a Henry Silva Mego doll. It’s technically from Buck Rogers, but remove the belt, and he might as well be telling you to LEAVE THE BRONX!!!

4 Likes

I want the job of whoever chooses what moments to reproduce for these model kits. They’re like our very own MST3K Tragic Moments figurines.

At any rate… here are a few more for you…

Turns out every country has a Reptilicus model.
I’ll leave it up to you to decide which one is “better”:

Here’s a much cooler Gorgo figure that’s actually articulated, and includes both the mother and the baby monster. (You’ll have to provide your own Dorkin.)

And here’s some Yongary, Monster From the Deep
imageimage

And a Boggy Creek statue… not actually associated with the movie, it’s something you can pick up from the gift shop in Fouke, Arkansas, where the legend continues.

8 Likes

Sadko (“He’s not Sinbad!”) figurine

il_570xN.2439078049_iozl

8 Likes

The Alchemy Works is a goldmine.

11 Likes

I wonder if he’s any relation to Jazz Hands Jesus

5 Likes