Every MST3K monster/character that has an action figure (There are more than I thought)

Jazz Hands Jesus is awesome—especially as my eyes keep getting drawn down and to the left to see whatever is stalking him. Evil Butterfly Clown Baby?

7 Likes

Not to derail the topic, but I got so much crap from my LGBTQ friends for not buying Jazz Hands Jesus when I had the opportunity, that I went back to the same thrift store a week later, but unfortunately both he and the creepy butterfly clown baby were gone by that time. I hope he found a good home where his faaaabulousness could be properly appreciated.

But back to the subject of MST3K figures…
Check out this Rondo Hatton figure, clearly dressed as “the Creeper” from The Brute Man.

This good and beautiful Solarite from The Phantom Planet appears depressed that you don’t have any snausages.

And here’s a statue for Night of the Blood Beast that somehow looks way more lifelike than the costume used in the actual movie.

“Joel, What are the man and the Blood Beast doing?”
“They’re telling secrets, honey.”

12 Likes

Like someone said further up the thread, it’s amazing how so many of these look 100x better than their original monsters (creepy butterfly clown baby aside).

There’s a lot to be seen at The Doctor’s Model Mansion, including the detail on this Interocitor.

10 Likes

I think this may be the last of them:

Here’s Petro from Mad Monster. (Though it certainly looks like they spelled his name “Petra” or “Pertp”)

And the Cosmostrator… which I guess is the name of the ship from First Spaceship on Venus? Personally, I always thought it was modeled on a Goat-Head thorn. I dare you to find a spaceship that looks more painful to step on.

Case in point, this miniature version is just begging to seriously injure somebody.

5 Likes

Had this toy as a kid myself. Used to try and launch other things with it, but it didn’t work so well.

1 Like

Did they use Michael Myers as the base for the Aztec mummy?

How in the world did this thread get so long and STILL not mention Ro-Man??!!!

Available in hard plastic or plush.

9 Likes

I didn’t know I needed a Reptilicus for my Christmas tree until today.

6 Likes

Given how crummy and (usually) commercially unsuccessful the movies are, it’s surprising so many of them have action figures.

1 Like

Luckily, shows like MST3K, and horror hosts like Elvira, Svenghoulie, Mr. Lobo, and Joe Bob Briggs, have kept these movies alive as cult favorites over the decades. Plus there’s always the nostalgia factor, which explains why the vast majority of these toys and sculptures for movies from the 40’s 50’s or 60’s came out in the 2000’s or later.

I do have to say, the vintage stuff that actually came out at the time of the movie or TV show is what really surprises me. The original Gorgo, Mighty Jack, Fugitive Alien, First Spaceship on Venus, Yongary, and Time of the Apes figures were not something I was expecting to find.

5 Likes

That’s funny. I could have sworn I included the plastic Ro-Man in my very first post.
I know I skipped the plush version because it wasn’t an “action figure” per-se, but it’s still pretty awesome.

And speaking of plushes, this unofficial but extremely detailed 14" Mac & Me doll that you can get on etsy is equal parts amazing and disturbing. It should really come with a hollowed out teddy bear skin for maximum nightmare fuel though.

6 Likes

Hey, we found the hot dogs. Nice.

2 Likes

I have the plush one myself. It’s wonderful!

Both of those disappoint me somehow…

Don’t forget Uncle Scrotor!image

5 Likes

Mentioned in the first post… And also this one, because I just got a couple of new additions in the mail today for my MST3K/cheesy movie shelf.

I really wish the Jet Jaguar figure was just a tiny bit larger, so it’d be in scale with all the other 8" figures. I also need to get around to sculpting that 3D-printable Crow that I’ve been meaning to work on for the last three years.

4 Likes

I somehow convinced my poor mother to buy me a ridiculously overpriced Gamera figure back in the '90s. Now it’s proudly guarding our son’s bedroom along with his stuffies.

Gamera is the friend of children, after all. (seen here with his buddy, the Swedish Chef) Our guy looks to be a very different model than OP’s Gamera.

8 Likes

Following up on this. I actually ordered the plush Ro-Man. I was pleasantly surprised. The helmet comes off to reveal a (plush, of course) skull underneath! Suitable for use as a child’s bedtime companion!

5 Likes

He’s got a “wait wait don’t–” pose.

I need some of these in my life. I don’t need to pay some of those prices, though. Ouch.

Still, for a Caroline Munro of my own… sigh

2 Likes