Face Palm Stories! Things that make you go hmmm?? 🤔

So a lady bought a 12 foot skeleton and went to Home Depot to pick it up. She took her husband’s Jeep Compass. It doesn’t fit. So I posted this:

6 Likes

Is it spooky season already? Seems it starts earlier every year.

And I am here for it.

6 Likes

HD did a halfway to Halloween drop WHICH I MISSED! But I didn’t need another giant skelly. =) This pic was from last October…the Witch and Dean were inside my Pumpkin-mobile!

5 Likes

This lady once slammed into the back of my car and totaled it. While we’re waiting for the cops, she keeps chatting at me, trying to make me her friend, but I mostly ignore her. Why? Because first she tried to get me to either not call the cops or lie to them because she was driving her husband’s truck without his permission, and then she actually said to me, “I just got my new glasses prescription today, but I’m not wearing them.”

6 Likes

Dear Discourse, we need DEMAND a facepalm reaction option!

When I was a teen, my family took a road trip from WI to DC and up to NY. At some point, I woke while my folks were gassing up. I asked where we were. “Delaware.” Me: “What state is that in?”

In my defense, a) I had just woken, and b) have yet to verify the actual existence of “the state of Delaware.”

7 Likes

Reading legal documents all day means that I’m always on the verge of facepalming at someone or something.

Every day is another cautionary tale of Things To Not Let Happen To Oneself. :confused:

5 Likes

I used to occasionally travel through Delaware on I-95/I-295 over the Delaware Memorial Bridge. The drive through that bit goes by so quickly, the entire experience is basically:

“Welcome to Delaware!”
“Give us $5!”
“Thank you for visiting Delaware.”

7 Likes

:grin:

Referring to Oregon’s tourist industry in a 1971 speech, McCall may have first publicly voiced his famous “Come visit, don’t stay” slogan: “I urge them to come and come many, many times to enjoy the beauty of Oregon. But I also ask them, for heaven’s sake, don’t move here to live.”

(article link)

4 Likes

It didn’t work.

2 Likes

I just miss the days when you could get elected Mayor of Portland by getting on the news and responding to questions about religion by calling yourself a “born again Pagan.”

5 Likes

So in an email…I was asked about a new client that would be coming to see our new provider who is NOT credentialed with Psychealth (BCBS HMO) yet. I received an email from my partner:

To which I forwarded this email…

To which, she came to my office asking "why I told Emily “not yet?” Um, I didn’t, I forwarded you the email saying I did not have that info yet…she was still confused.

LeSigh… :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes