Fake Band Names!

i did this on the cinematic titanic forum and it went pretty well.

what are some fake band names you’ve thought of?

here’s some of mine:

The Flying Dead
Beatlephobia
Chicken Pox Pie
Yoda Morgenstern
WACS And Wayne

9 Likes

Literally the best name you could mathematically come up with for a butt rock/hair metal band is Stripped Phillips Screw.

It’s got absolutely everything you need: not one but two semi-dirty words, blatant sexual overtones, and a reference to metalwork.

12 Likes

Wow, that image is unsettling. Being stripped is the least of that poor screw’s problems. Stripped Phillips Screw is great, but it’s halting to say out loud. What if you crank up the innuendo with Phillips Screw Hole?

7 Likes

@DeepHurting @McCloud
You are both ignoring what the addition of one additional word could do to that band name:

Stripped Counterclockwise Phillips Screw Holes

Now it has three semi-dirty words, blatant sexual overtones, a reference to metalwork, and implied deviancy from the norm. :grin:

A few of the band names I’ve come up with over the years:

• Conestoga Mix Masters
  • Ersatz Reality
  • Barcelona Shriekers (that one started as a passenger express train name in Sid Meier’s Railroad Tycoon, of all things. TGV from London to Barcelona.)
  • Suite Sans Titre
8 Likes

I came up with the name Purple Monkey Dishwasher in a high school digital media art class one year when we were asked to design an album cover. It was an off hand comment made in the episode of The Simpsons when the teachers went on strike. My friends all thought it was the perfect name. I ended up creating two covers. The Life and Times of Punky McDoogal and Hurray for Twinkies.

9 Likes

Way back in art school, I recall someone saying “The Flying Buttresses” would be a fun band name. I heartily agree.

10 Likes

One of my favorite Simpson’s quotes… so useful!

I’ve always been fond of Startled Armadillo as a band name.

8 Likes

Pretty much any Japanese media property that takes two English words at random and slaps them together without regard for coherence. We all know about Mighty Jack, but there’s also Pumpkin Scissors, Bubblegum Crisis, Zombie Loan, Psycho Pass, and Strawberry Eggs.

6 Likes

Whenever I go through the different parts of the periodic table with my students, I always tell them that if I started a band, it would have one of these two names:

Alkali Earth Metals
Metalloids

9 Likes

Brillig and the Slithy Toves

10 Likes

A fellow Jewish friend of mine wanted us to start a band called The Mazel Tov Cocktails.

If I had any real musical talent, I totally would have.

He’s now a professional musician with a huge fan base. I guess I missed out.

15 Likes

Also Trinity Seven.

7 Likes

And All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku.

Okay, that’s more than two words, but still…

8 Likes

Is that his band name?

7 Likes

The name Guitar Hero auto chose years ago.

“Unresolved Conflict”

6 Likes

Mine from the Rock Band games were Superglue Lunchbox and Cave’s Johnson

8 Likes

In honor of last night’s “Rifftrax”: The Lesser Portcullises

8 Likes

A friend and I decided one drunken evening to put together a reggae band covering Jane’s Addiction songs and call it Jah’s Addiction. It never happened.

(apologies to any Rastafarian MSTies…we were really drunk)

7 Likes

portal 2 ref! very cool!

5 Likes

Vaguely Unlikable is the name of my Justin Bieber coverband

Three Grains of Salt is the name of my Salt n Pepa cover band

"Downstairs Move " is the name of my "Men at Work " cover band.

“Belated Boogity” is the name of my “NASCAR Goes County” cover band.

Magnetic Tape Worm is the name of my Tesla cover band?

Powerful Body Funk… is the name of my Parliament-Funkadelic cover band.

“Breast Alligator” is the name of my Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers cover band.

“Small but Potent” is the name of my “They Might Be Giants” cover band…

“Easy in Hard off” is the name of my Dr.Hook cover band…

… I could go on…

5 Likes