Family-Friendly Rule Reminder

Friendly Reminder

Hello, fellow forum denizens. The mod team wanted to drop a note regarding rule four of the forum:

## 4. KEEP IT CLEAN.
MST3K itself adheres to a certain Looney-Tunes-style standard of family-friendliness; which is to say, not everything has to be kid-appropriate, but it should at least not be overt or explicit. Try to hit a similar tone with your posts here in the forums. Avoid profanity or other problematic speech. Sexual content is also inappropriate here. And finally, slurs of any kind and attacks on marginalized folks will not be tolerated.

There have been some posts and memes that have been getting a little too close to the line when it comes to the family-friendly aspect of the forum. While blurring these posts is appreciated, that doesn’t prevent minors from viewing the content with a simple click. We prefer members refrain from sharing more risqué content at all.

We want to keep this little corner of the internet as accessible as possible for fans of all ages. Thanks for your understanding.

PS: The forum rules can always be found here: FAQ - Mystery Science Discourse 3000

47 Likes

This is why I love Msties! We generally keep it clean and I have no problem showing this site to my 16 and 13 yo kids!

10 Likes

"Oh, now I gotta’ look up ‘Meme!’ " --Hugh Beaumont

7 Likes

I must say that my day to day language would sound like morse code if put through a TV censor, but on here I intentionally use the kind of replacement words you’d see in a bad TV dub of an R rated movie. It adds to the fun.

13 Likes

You’re one bad melon farmer, @Diogenes.

13 Likes

well fudge that!

8 Likes

Screw anyone who thinks this rule puts North Carolina under the jurisdiction of Minnesota. Instead New York seizes both

4 Likes

“Mandatory toques and back bacon for all!”

Oh, wait. My map is upside down. :open_mouth: Again.

7 Likes

So where does “mother crabber” fall on the family-friendly spectrum?

8 Likes

But what if my family isn’t friendly? My uncle once shot a man just for snoring.

7 Likes

To quote the movie They Live, “I’m here to kick apples and chew bubble gum, and I’m all out of bubble gum.”

7 Likes

*hinder

5 Likes

Thanks to this discussion, I had to go watch Mr. Show’s Sunday Sunshine Moving Picture Show “Pallies” again.

1 Like

Can we say ‘teat?’

6 Likes

At the top.

6 Likes

Does this family count?

13 Likes

Was this because of people sending in “butts” on the Crow vs. Servo Jackbox-Off? Because that was some quality programming there. Butts are hysterical I WILL DIE ON THIS HILL.

7 Likes

When they asked, “What would you like to see drawn,” my response was BUTTER.

I think they just misread it. :dizzy_face:

6 Likes

I feel my friend Roman Moroni might have something to say here.

I’m all onboard with the family-friendlyness, though, unlike that sumanabatch.

5 Likes

My father wasn’t family friendly once.

Once.

7 Likes