Family-Friendly Rule Reminder

We need a philosophy thread STAT!

4 Likes

A veritable Ouroboros of Lists, twisted by time and space into a great Analema of Lists!

3 Likes

My to do list is a Morbius List. Only one side, but it never ends.

4 Likes

Does your Morbius List look like Walter Pigeon?

3 Likes

Haha, what a fantastic Mobius typo. :joy:

4 Likes

My current to do list keeps eating my old to do lists. Itā€™s getting quite big and Iā€™m concerned it might escape soon.

todo_list

3 Likes

The hungry hungry to do list

3 Likes

Kinda sorta.

Doctor Who: The Brain of Morbius

Itā€™s a Human Listopede, with each previous year shuttling crap into the next.

1 Like

The ā€˜brain in jarā€™ thing never works, does it?

2 Likes

R&D doesnā€™t think so, but marketing keeps greenlighting it.

1 Like

Everything I needed to know about philosophy, I learned from Monty Python.

:thinking:

Cool story about that, Philosophy Proff offered a pass on the final to anyone who would stand up and sing the ā€œPhilosophers Drinking Songā€.

Iā€™m sure that there was more than a little reverse psychology involved, as I never studied harder for a final, fearing that I would choke/freeze up and not be able to form words when the time came to sing. (This was a very good decision as it turned out.)

9 Likes

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

This. Is. Epic.

2 Likes

I had that song memorized at 15 years of age. I would have SO taken him up on that!

3 Likes

Iā€™m so horrible with names itā€™s a nightmare for me, but that doesnā€™t make me love the song any less. Iā€™m just too intimidated to try and get all those names right AND fast for the song I guess. :joy:

3 Likes

The secret is to get drunk, slur your way through it, and claim you presented the true spirit of the song.

5 Likes

Just replace them all with Bruce.

2 Likes

ā€œIs your name not Bruce, then?ā€

6 Likes

Between your two ideas, I GOT THIS.

5 Likes

In 9th grade French class, a group of us presented the Argument Clinic sketch in French of course.
That was fun to rehearse but I wonder how much the class understood through the shouting and overacting during the performance!

9 Likes