Fan-Made Season 13 Trailer!

I made another trailer Season 13! Hope everyone likes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-osFOkkzFbQ

15 Likes

it stinks mystery science theater 3000 GIF

3 Likes

THE HYPE IS REAL

Well done! :smiley:

5 Likes

Pretty Nice!

(Seriously: Great job! Very well edited!)

5 Likes

That was fun! We needed a trailer like this for Season 13. Great work on this.

5 Likes

So I get the feeling someone posted this to a RiffTrax forum somewhere, because I’m being inundated with angry comments condemning the new series and how they hate anything without Mike, Kevin and Bill lol

4 Likes

Sigh.

3 Likes

Pretty nice :+1:

(Seriously though, awesome!)

Would it be ok if I tweeted it with a link to the Gizmoplex season pass? :thinking:

#StreetTeamAssemble

CC: @Lesley

6 Likes

Nice work!

And yeah, unfortunate to see people get all jerky. I guess it’s inevitable with a long running property like MST3K… some people like a SPECIFIC version of a thing and get all bent out of shape with anything different. Especially unfortunate are the comments complaining about the fact that there’s a female host? So dumb. No one tell them women can vote now, too. They might not be able to handle that.

8 Likes

Great work!

5 Likes

I haven’t seen any objections, so I’m sending it like an ARCA driver… will delete if there is an objection?

2 Likes

Hey, sorry! I was at work! Yes, go ahead lol

3 Likes

:+1:
It’s an awesome trailer, and I hope it helps hype up S13 for some potential new MSTIEs👍

4 Likes

I’ve also been trying to get some of my casual MSTIE friends to get together for a watch party? Sent them your trailer :+1:

5 Likes

In the interests of elaborating further and doing more than just saying “great job,” I wanted to say this:

This does what a good trailer should accomplish:

1. It doesn’t give away too much.
  2. It leaves you wanting much more of what’s on display.
  3. It sets up key points of the new premise.
  4. It’s just plain fun to watch.

I think you accomplished that well by way of the clips you chose from both the host segments AND the theater segments, striking the right balance so that it wasn’t too heavy in the direction of either the host segments or the theater segments.

And with the use of the Dr. Cabal host segment and the textual overlays, you honed in on the source of excitement here: two hosts, six Bots, and a whole lotta riffs.

That closing moment with the “we’re supposed to be indestructible” line from Robot Wars and Crow’s subsequent series of humorous contrary riffs is an effective way to close the trailer out, and you helped that end moment stand out when you brought the energetic trailer music to a climactic stop as soon as you cut back to the Mads with the MST3K planet logo. Which is to say, that’s sharp editing.

Again, excellent work!

8 Likes

Thank you! I love making trailers! This actually felt extra-special since the footage isn’t one hundred percent out in the world yet, so there would be people who legit hadn’t seen any of it before.

And I totes have ideas for further MST fan vids – one that probably won’t be done until after I have the episode downloads lol

8 Likes