Fanficisode: Production discussion

I was thinking that the bots would literally have jobs as appliances within the theater. So you’d have:

BERN-E: The projectionist who’s also the projector. Talks big about having watched more movies than any other bot, but what he actually means is that he’s been forced to sit through the same handful of movies over and over again (Nobody should be forced to watch Cats 27 times in a row) and it’s driven him a little around the bend. I picture him as being a little like Mike where most of the time he’s fairly stoic, but sometimes he’ll completely break down when the stress gets to him and may go temporarily insane or “vapor lock” and just start muttering to himself.

DYSON (or if that’s too close to copyright infringement, HERBERT): The younger enthusiastic janitor robot who’s also part vacuum cleaner, and who hates that he never gets to see the movies, since he spends all his time trying to dislodge petrified gummy bears from the crevices of movie seats. Personality wise, I’m picturing sort of a cross between Crow and Gobo Fraggle, a big dreamer who often bites off more than he can chew.

POPPY: The concession stand attendant who’s also a popcorn maker. (Could possibly be changed to KERNEL or BUTTERS depending on what genders we have at our disposal, but if we end up doing three theater robots, it would be nice to have a female one to mix things up, even if she’s played by a male voice actor.) Poppy is the slightly more erudite and responsible of the trio (a bit like Tom or later seasons Gypsy on the SOL) and has a bit of the “ugghh… I’m only working in this theater to put myself through robocollege” personality going on. I envision fitting this puppet with a small accordion air pump (like the kind used in some Hot Wheels sets) so that when she/he gets scared, angry, sings really loud, or has a mental blow-up trying to make sense of the movie, she can spew a puff of popcorn kernels out of the top of her head. (Though this does sort of depend on what scale the puppets would be built at)

1 Like