Fanficisode: Riffing on The Incredible Petrified World (Voting closed)

I’d ask for more time, but I’d only be dragging things out for everyone else, I guess. I’ll be busy with work and family obligations this week, so realistically, I am probably done voting.

Personally, I don’t see why we need to vote on a host one way or the other if we’re going to make this into subtitles. If it fits a particular host just say [Joel] or [Mike] or whatever. Then, the watcher can say that line in their head as the intended host.

To me, host isn’t nearly as difficult as the various Crows. Trace, Bill, and Hampton have very distinct deliveries to me and I can’t think of a way to get that across on screen.

Part of the fun of doing your own MST3K fanvid is getting to be in it, I would say. The MST3K vs. Gamera: Round 2 fellas did theirs with the cast being in different parts of the planet, using computer based technology solutions. Whoever the cast ends up being can even plan to meet at some convention you’re all going to. I think you’re missing a big part of the experience if nobody involved in its creation is involved in its creation.

Unfortunately, meeting at a convention isn’t really an option as far as my recording space is concerned. And I’m not trying to leave anyone out of the live production, just trying to present ways it’s actually viable. I’ve been regularly saying that there are ways for anyone to film a thing, like invention exchanges, other stations, new Mads, etc. then cut it all together.

Also, I can try and do some more voting tonight, just had a few hectic weeks, but close it whenever. And I don’t know which riff I’d call my best, especially since I saw a few personal faves get downvoted, and some quick bits get a lot of love.

1 Like

That makes sense. I’m changing my vote as well. And checking the new votes that have come in, it looks like “host” is edging ahead.

1 Like

It sounds like a couple of people could use some more time, and since the directors are not selected yet, I don’t see any need to wrap it up now. Maybe after next weekend.

3 Likes

I have no objections to keeping the voting open an extra couple of weeks while we hammer out production logistics. In fact, I’m going to be out of town most of next week from the 13th through the 17th, so if I end up being the guy doing the subtitles in Premiere, that’ll have to wait until I get back to my desktop anyways.

I don’t think I will have time to vote anytime soon. Was hoping to get back to this project, but free time has been difficult to get lately.

Watching S04E16 Fire Maidens of Outer Space, I spotted some re-used stock footage:

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is the final weekend for voting! Comment on each riff with G (gold), S (silver) or B (bronze) here: Fanficisode: The Incredible Petrified World - Google Sheets

1 Like

After watching Avalanche on the Turkey Day Marathon, I see that a lot of my inspiration for riffing TIPW came from there… My wife even used the Fraggle Rock theme. :laughing: How do the writers keep from redoing stuff from previous seasons?

They don’t.

True, we’ve had two “George Hamilton tanned too much” jokes today.

Hi, I’m checking in at Turkey Day after life got busy for a while. Looks like a great script for which I’m sorry I didn’t write more prolifically.

Either a subtitled ep or casting sounds great. I have some green screen and sound recording equipment here myself, though I’m iffy on my acoustics and have to plan carefully to get a quiet house.

I can’t wait to see what happens with this fanfic ep!

Now I want to work Raisin Snails into this somehow :snail:

1 Like

Maybe when they meet Cave Torgo, he can offer them one. We aren’t really sure what he has been eating, except perhaps the body of his crew mate. :grimacing:

Yeah, he’s been surviving on Raisin Snails that people have been dumping into the sea…

Wow, found this clip again, in the Wild World of Batwoman (58:02)! This time it’s in another Jerry Warren film, so it’s less surprising.

The more shows I re-watch, the more I’m finding the same comments that we suggested for TIPW. I’m wondering how much of the fanficisode we could create by just using sound clips from other shows!

1 Like

How’s the voting going?

Ha. Yeah, I can’t change the title anymore. That ended a long time ago.