Favorite “bad” movie no one’s heard of?

It would be a perfect fit for the RIfftrax guys. I would honestly love to see it be one of their Rifftrax Live events, but that’s just a dream of mine.

1 Like

You’re not a complete human being if you haven’t seen it.
Meet the Hollowheads (1989) - IMDb - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095608/?ref_=ext_shr_tw

6 Likes

One of my all time favorite movies is pretty obscure (sort of) it’s the middle film of a trilogy that ends with The Green Slime. It’s got it all; futuristic Jetsons style cities and cars, space shenanigans, holograms, mutants, swinging 60s babes, a hot-headed square jawed two-fisted hero and a slimy evil mastermind who’s out to create his own race of fused humans (!?)

It’s a total blast but it doesn’t take itself too seriously so it might not be great riffing material…

Did I mention flamethrower rayguns?

3 Likes

Also, as far as “bad” movies nobody saw, I never fail to take the opportunity to talk up

3 Likes

John Glover, woot! :+1:

Beautiful film with two lead actors bereft of acting talent and utterly lacking in any chemistry whatsoever. They actually would have been better off computer generated as well.

3 Likes

I used to have this on VHS dunno what happened to it

3 Likes

A staple on TV kids of a certain age will doubtless recall.

Geteven! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bd_CLKt9yA

An early “Best of the Worst” and crucial to the “black tank top” theory of vanity film projects.

Saw it. Forgot it immediately.

4 Likes

Macbeth 3000.

Which is a decent effort for what is a glorified student film.

5 Likes

We superstitious theatre types would prefer if you referred to it as “The Scottish Play 3K”.

5 Likes

It made my Wheel of Cheese:

Just say “no” to butt polish.

6 Likes

The Sleeping Car, a very bad and weird horror film about, obstencibly, a haunted train car converted into a little bungalow. But the only thing the evil spirit seems to haunt is the sofa bed. Also the last scene is the hero walking up “it was just a dream” style only to be in bed next to the ghost and… why is there a blood stain in his crotch area?

I also remember the trailer for a movie on the video we rented which had a lot of nudity and the tagline “Falling in love… WITH EVIL!”

3 Likes

I remember that movie being on heavy Showtime rotation when it came out. I’m surprised Joe Bob didn’t get to this one.

I saw this on The Movie Channel’s Splatterday on Saturday double features when they first started. Busey, Lamas and David “not Keith David” Keith are in this.

2 Likes

He wasn’t working at the time or…well, hell, I don’t know really. By 2007, approximately 40,000 horror movies were being made every year. Who can say what he might have covered had the high sheriffs of TNT and TMC not had their heads positioned posteriorly?

1 Like

I was talking about Sleeping Car so he was on TMC at the time.

2 Likes

Oh. Oh! Are you sure he didn’t? It seems like he got every other David Naughton and Jeff Conaway movie–and this has both?!

1 Like

I think I remember watching that…and not really liking it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Stop trying to make geek from Breakfast Club as protagonist in action thriller happen. It’s never going to happen, Columbia.

3 Likes

Hey, at least he got to appear in a TV movie with John Malkovich’s In The Line of Fire gun.

(But then RiffTrax did it, so people have heard of that one now.)

3 Likes

Yeah, riffing has brought a lot of bad to light, and obscure bad movie, that narrows the field.

I liked Factory Girl (2006) which received a 19% at Rotten Tomatoes, but I don’t know how obscure it is.

1 Like

Have people forgotten this one yet? I loved it but it’s got some rotten tomatoes. (I think over time, it’s becoming less reviled.)

What about this one?

It was a flop, even with the staggering drawing power of a topless Julie Andrews, critics loved it or hated it (and some hated themselves for loving it).

2 Likes