Favorite connection from MST movies to non-MST movies, TV, other media?

Hello!

One of my favorite things is to go down the IMDB rabbit hole for the people who make the movies that are part of MST3K. What happened to the actors after the movie? What was there career like? I’ve discovered a lot of fun connections.
My two faves:
Shawn Levy from Zombie Nightmare is now a director/producer and directed the Ryan Reynolds movie Free Guy.

John Ashley (Stan Kenyon) from Attack of The They Eye Creatures became a producer and helped produce The A-Team. It’s his voice during the infamous opening voice over. Once you hear it.

What are yours?

10 Likes

Jonathan Demme, who portrayed Matt Winters in The Incredible Melting Man, would later in his career win a Best Director Oscar for Silence of the Lambs.

5 Likes

I think Gene Hackman and Gregory Peck might’ve been in something better than Space Travelers at some point.

2 Likes

Personally. while the joke started before it was riffed, I love the running Mac & Me joke whenever Paul Rudd is a guest for Conan O’Brien.

4 Likes

This a ‘before’ rather than an ‘after’ but Jean Sullivan, the mom in Squirm, played Errol Flynn’s love interest in Uncertain Glory.

I always wonder how she got from there to here.

2 Likes

The actor who played the mom in Mac and Me voiced White Diamond in Steven Universe.

And I, too, love browsing IMDB.

2 Likes

Track of the Moon Beast was written by Bill Finger, the true creator of Batman as we know him, who was screwed out of the character rights by Bob Kane and was reduced to stuff like this.

3 Likes

Christine Ebersole! She was on SNL during the dark early '80s.

2 Likes

The number of people who got their starts on Roger Corman movies is amazing. There’s so many directors and actors to list that thus post would just be a wall of names you’ve been watching most if not all of your life.

3 Likes

There’s this guy in Whurwilf and Soultaker who did some uncredited voiceover work in Apocalypse Now.

2 Likes