Favorite continuity error in an episode.

Can we just count all of Monster A Go-Go as a continuity error?

26 Likes

I think it’s more of a continuity crime.

20 Likes

“But there was no continuity. As if a cosmic switch had been flipped…”

Or indeed, a cosmic finger. :wink:

14 Likes

Not sure it’s strictly continuity, but the scene in Manos where the family are pulled over by the cop and it’s clearly the same actor performing the voice for both parts gets me every time.

17 Likes

Is it really that obvious? I can’t tell they are the same voice. I’m not kidding, I don’t hear it. Weird…

4 Likes

The film was made with a camera that couldn’t record sound, so all the voices were done by just a few people. Which, yes, means that Torgo’s iconic voice isn’t actually what John Reynolds sounded like. Which also brings up another weird bit about the film: early on you can briefly see a clapboard in the frame, which Hal Warren was apparently using just because he figured it was something you did while making movies, not realizing its purpose is to help synchronize the soundtrack in editing, and thus there’s no point to it when you’re not recording any sound in the first place.

17 Likes

I like the self-repairing headlight in Mitchell’s “Well, so, pass if you’re gonna!” chase scene.

7 Likes

The daughter and the mom are the same voice actress too, but she talks in a higher pitch as the daughter so it’s less obvious.

6 Likes

I just saw this again. Hilarious: “I’m back!”

5 Likes

The dead girl in Space Mutiny , it’s a classic!

12 Likes

“Foley will add the phone ringing in post, right?”
“Foley? Post? Sure, whatever. Next shot!”

15 Likes

“I just teleported in here! It’s impressive!”

8 Likes

Whoa… :exploding_head: I could tell it was an adult voicing the girl, but I couldn’t tell who.

My issue could be neurological; it wouldn’t be the first time. I can’t make out song lyrics. Like, how most people can’t figure out AC/DC lyrics, but I have trouble with stuff like Simon and Garfunkel.

6 Likes

It’s not exactly a continuity error, but “Attack Of The The Eye Creatures” is a classic. They just didn’t care.

eyecreatures

17 Likes

Just the way they point it out in Final Justice with the Guy getting shot twice, which leads to the hilarious bit where Mike keeps tripping over and over the same way. Tom saying, “Sorry, can’t talk, Mike’s tripping” until Pearl loses it :sweat_smile:

23 Likes

Deputy sheriff in a small Texas town get shot and slides down a wall twice.

8 Likes

Also the full moon that lasts forever in Werewolf/Wurwilf.

10 Likes

Just saw one in Earth vs. the Spider. The band is about to start rehearsing in the gym when we hear a scream. Cut to some kids standing in the doorway looking confused, nobody scared or anything. They aren’t even looking in the spider’s direction.

8 Likes

IIRC it’s never explicitly indicated how much time passes between the first one being infected and Paul’s arrival.

4 Likes

That guy’s casual teleport in the Girl in Gold Boots! “I’M BACK!/[giggles] Anyone notice that I’m here now?” It’s truly Movie Magic

8 Likes