Favorite Episode to Watch while Sick?

I just re-watched The Undead Saturday. Oh my! The shape shifting segments are priceless! Isn’t that Bridget Nelson?

4 Likes

If I have some spare time and an illness/injury you will fine me watching the Crawling Eye…

The Gamera Episode with Corn Job is also a close second.

If I wake up it will usually be while Gozilla v the Sea Monster plays.

5 Likes

not sure. i always watched the first 3 Jurassic Park films when sick, for some reason

3 Likes

That’s just what I was going to say! It has that made-for-70s-TV “excitement” that is plenty tolerable.

3 Likes

I now want to watch Tower of London!

2 Likes

My sick movies are the two Wizards of the Lost Kingdom. Those ones are so lousy but honestly so much fun as just cheesy 80s fantasy flicks. Sometimes I also like The Horrors of Spider Island when I’m feeling really lousy haha

5 Likes

I chose Boggy Creek II to comfort me on my last sick day- though, in hindsight, looking at Crenshaw couldn’t have been good for my nausea

8 Likes

“That water practically draws life, here why don’t I just go ahead and kill you!”

One of my favorite lines of all time in the show.

4 Likes

Man I had a fever of like a 103 and I was dreaming about this guy who was working for the CIA but also a truck driver, and he had to move explosives, but he could also turn invisible. But the guy he was moving, wasn’t in there, he was in a helicopter, trying to blow him up. And then they were all at a racetrack for some reason…

See? Feverdream

9 Likes

Cave Dwellers. No particular reason. It’s just my go-to.

4 Likes

@justabob, that is so klandinktu! The crying baby would do me in, though.

I’d say one of my favorites, “I Accuse My Parents,” “The Beginning of the End,” or “Avalanche.” I know them very well so don’t need to concentrate, and if I should zone out and miss something I won’t be lost. And I still enjoy them no matter how many times I watch.

5 Likes

I haven’t worked Jonah episodes into my sick viewing rotation yet. I may need to do that next time, because the Wizards episodes are fantastic stuff!

3 Likes

Monster A Go-Go.

Often the best thing when you’re sick is just to go to sleep, and that film puts me to sleep like nothing else. Even some top-notch riffing (“Douglas was very short, pear-shaped, and stood the whole way!”) can’t completely save that utter mess of a movie.

6 Likes

I couldn’t agree more, but this raises a question: Which is more of a mess, Monster A Go-Go or The Castle of Fu Manchu? (Both are favorites when I need to sleep.)

I think Monster might be worse since it wasn’t properly completed? But it’s a tough call, both are so utterly incomprehensible.

4 Likes

On a technical level, Monster a Go-Go is worse by virtue of being a Frankenmovie where the two halves don’t really add up to a cohesive, coherent whole.

On an entertainment level, The Castle of Fu Manchu is way worse by being such a dull, uninvolving, and unmemorable mess. At least Monster a Go-Go was redeemed by a few small stretches of unintentional hilarity. Castle doesn’t even have that.

5 Likes

For me, it’s The Giant Gila Monster. I’m fond of all the American-made monster movies. They’re so, so corny even before the crew got their hands on them.

4 Likes

The Hercules episodes have gotten me through multiple flu bouts. I discovered its palliative properties entirely by accident, but since then its efficacy has been borne out by rigorous peer review (i.e., my wife saying, “Eh. Maybe.”).

Interestingly, the curative powers of these films are unaffected by how far down the Herc food chain you go. Sure the brand name Steve Reeves flicks will perk up a flagging constitution and tamp down a rising gorge, but even your regional store brand Reg Parks or Alan Steeles are like a bright yellow rain slicker against the storm raging inside you.

9 Likes

Give it a try @optiMSTie, Crabby the Crab Hat will have you feeling better in no time :wink:

4 Likes

Crabby would have a gift for that, yeah! :smiley:

2 Likes

Santa Claus and Diabolik. No particular reasons.

3 Likes