Favorite Host Segment

Don’t you give no matches to Mikey!

Not a host, a Mads, but “Who Will I Kill?” is so beautiful.

9 Likes

Two of my favorites are from the same ep - Daddy-O

1.) The Hike Up Your Pants song

2.) Mike as Bruce, the near-sighted goon from the movie, trying (and failing) to intimidate J&TB while they are in the middle of discussing different spit-take techniques

And honestly - the entire string of Mike-on-trial host segments from “Agent for H.A.R.M.”
"Panties, panties, panties, panties, panties, panties, panties. PANTIES, PANTIES, PANTIES…!!!

9 Likes

No one has mentioned this yet - Morrissey.

Did I mention that I cry?

17 Likes

One of Mike’s best one-off characters. I lose it every time they get to the part where he begins to sing.

8 Likes

Trying to find the episode, but it is from the Joel era. Clayton and Frank hit the button at the end of the show but it doesn’t work and we keep popping back from the end credit song. They are shown doing all sorts of work to fix it before Clayton hits on a “control-F7” keyboard command or something. They ran with it, I think it pops back in at least 10 times, maybe more. Totally unexpected and genius.

19 Likes

I can’t remember the episode #, but it’s when Joel says, “If you’re like me, and I know I am—“

15 Likes

I think I remember what episode you’re talking about. It’s from Daddy-O.

9 Likes

Yes! I love that bit.

4 Likes

I have to throw some love toward this one, which teaches us all the valuable lesson that we shouldn’t take turkey volume guessing too seriously.

14 Likes

My wife was around for that one once. It was making her nuts, and I was loving it. Poor thing.

5 Likes

What episode is that? It sounds familiar, but I can’t remember it, no less where to find it.

3 Likes

It was the Tom Servo Star Show (c) at the beginning of Skydivers.

I don’t know if it’s inappropriate to say this in the forum, but Crow was really focused on Uranus. (I just thought you should know.) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

Well, there ya go. I need to re-watch Skydivers. It’s been a long time.

4 Likes

It’s a terrible film with a stupid plot… and some amazing riffs!

4 Likes

I loved all the host segments in Prince of Space. Mike as a puppet, the silven glenn and the ‘time sync’ one which may just be my favorite of all time.

12 Likes

I was hoping someone would mention this.

6 Likes

Wild Rebels, crunchy munchy rebels!

7 Likes

Something about Dr. Forrester’s earnest, quiet bewilderment over how “it’s… actually not that bold” gets me every time.

10 Likes

One word: WAFFLES! Specifically, the Waffles song.

I know I’m alone in this, and it’s not my favourite but it hasn’t been mentioned yet, but I definitely like Mike singing sadly as the ship burns. I’m not sure why I enjoy it, but I do.

Also, I think my favourite invention exchange has to be the porkarina.

13 Likes

I love the musical segments. Gypsy Moon (from Crash of the Moons), Side Hackers, and Fugitive Alien: The Musical to name a few. And let’s not forget the possible greatest of them all, Mike as Michael Feinstein and his masterful rendition of Gamera is Really Neat.

8 Likes