Favorite Mike Nelson Impersonation

Thought I’d show Mike some love. Some of my favorite mst skits involve Mike riffing on celebs etc. He was so gosh darn good at it. My pick of the litter is the really… really… horribly… old Jack Perkins there was so much comedy gold. What was your favorite?

16 Likes

Mike was nearly all the male bit characters up until Joel left, and he really didn’t do non-himself characters after that, which is a shame because Torgo and Jack Perkins are classics. Also great: “Hugh Beaumont!”, Gamera, and the Russian SOL host.

11 Likes

I don’t think Mike’s Jack Perkins can be topped, although Torgo comes really close.

15 Likes

…Absolutely my favorite is still the one from The Mole People, and his wonderful “Down, down, down…”

Which, of course, was quickly terminated by Crow and Servo with the Giant Clown Hammer.

7 Likes

Have to go with Morrissey.

“Did I mention I cried?”

24 Likes

Torgo as a pizza delivery guy always cracked me up.

18 Likes

Just finished watching that episode on PlutoTV. Playing Monster A-Go-Go right now.

5 Likes

As a big Morrissey fan (well not so much now) I howl everytime I see his impression.

8 Likes

Always wanted to know just how many takes did it require to get that in? There’s a great moment in the “Poopie” tape where everyone tries mightily to not break, but Mike instantly loses it the moment he speaks.

7 Likes

I love Mike’s Old Timey Gold Prospector bit.

4 Likes

Yees :joy: :rofl: I loved that skit

1 Like

Like @GodDamnitRuss said… as a one-time Mozzer fan, Mike’s Morrissey makes me happy. That’s probably my favorite, with his Hugh Beaumont a close second. Especially the one where he’s harassing Crow (What’s with all the questions?!)

8 Likes

Mike rocked As TORgO!

4 Likes

Forgot about these! Was this just for repackaging old episodes? I can’t remember

Mike as Torgo was just mesmerizing… ewww that pizza

3 Likes

Does Mike/Tom/Crow’s collective Fabio impression count? I also loved the John Bannergram sketch from Crash of the Moons.

7 Likes

Absolutely, I had forgotten that one it’s a classic :rofl:

I remember some of these MST3K hours being put on syndicated local FOX 2 here in Detroit. They were 1 hour versions of episodes with Mike intro/outroing the movie as Jack. There also extras on some of dvd’s. There so goood

1 Like

Mike’s read of “really, really, horribly old” might be the best thing he ever did on MST3K.

5 Likes

MikeJaneway

If this counts, this is my favorite!

18 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

9 Likes

I gotta go with JC from Sidehackers ya dig?

3 Likes