Favorite Mike Nelson Impersonation

I’ve said this in other threads, and it’s not really a “celebrity” impersonation, but Mike’s portrayal of Bruce, the nearsighted-and-not-at-all-menacing goon from “Daddy-O,” gets me every time. Every. Time.

And it’s not just Mike. It’s also J&tBs heaping scorn and derision on him, despite his best efforts to intimidate them.

10 Likes

Pizza trogo

4 Likes

Mike’s Lord of the Dance (Michael Flatley) is a personal favorite

blah2

14 Likes

Yeah I forgot about Mike’s “Bruce”: that was a good one.

Not to be outdone by Mike’s “Mikey” (I think that was the kid’s name) from Teenage Strangler.

5 Likes

I’m not sure if this is a specific impersonation or not.

But my favorite Mike bit was him singing the Gamera song.

Boo he says.

8 Likes

Classic lol

14 Likes

I unabashedly love the showcase of Mike variants from Code Name: Diamond Head, particularly the Frugal Gourmet.

4 Likes

Michael Feinstein.

It’s on my bucket list to get the actual Michael Feinstein to do this.

5 Likes

He has the allure of a woman in the full flower of early middle age!

11 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

9 Likes

See and raise: the impression hits its peak when he breaks into Tina Turner :wink:

8 Likes

Because he nevah EVAH does anything ‘nice and easy.’

5 Likes

Loved when Mike became James Lipton from “Inside the Actor’s Studio” —

Mike (as Lipton): "…and then of course you had a small, but crucial role in Harold Robbins’ ‘The Lonely Lady’, the star, of course, Pia Zadora, you two became soulmates…

Crow: “No, we didn’t! Stop it, Mike!!”

9 Likes

How about Col. Glenn Manning?

8 Likes

lmbo I Love Amazing Colossal Man one of my favs. The riffs and skits are peak mst

2 Likes

Mike as ‘Winky’ from Manhunt in Space will always be a personal favorite.

But yeah, Mike as Morrissey or Captain Janeway is tough to beat.

8 Likes

The Michael Feinstein bit is amazing and has me rolling every time. For the longest time I didn’t realize it was Mike, I thought they’d brought someone else in for it.

Mike may be Torgo, but he’s also the Master (of Impersonation).

7 Likes

Mike’s such a pleasure to the soul to watch no matter what character he’s playing, but I’ve always had a giggle-spot for evil :heart: Hugh Beaumont :heart:

“That’s right, I’m really gonna give you the business.” This skit cracks me up EVERY time, roffleroffleroffle :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

11 Likes

Valeria

5 Likes

They’re all so good. Jack Perkins, because that was my first impression, though it took me a while before I realized that. Torgo, because Mike fully commits to being creepy as all get-out. And Hugh Beaumont. I need to start using “I come bearing a message of unholy death.” in my conference calls.

9 Likes