Favorite Musical Sequence/Bit?

Simple question really. What are your favorite/most memorable musical sequences in the bits? Mine would be the Sandy Frank song:

Love to hear what others think, and put a link if you have it!

18 Likes

Today, I’m going with “Air on a Delta Knight.”

Lots of great suggestions over here, too:

9 Likes

Canada song Canada song Canada song FTW!

11 Likes

It’s gotta be Mr. B Natural! That counts as a musical number, right?

9 Likes

There’s A LOT of greats stuff (“idiot control” for example), but I always come back to “Hired- the musical” and “Are you happy in your work?”.

That’s said, “every country has a monster” and “concepts” are brilliant and immediate classics in my book. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I have considered adding Every Country Has a Monster to my workout playlist. I already have Spider on the Highway… Seagulls (stop it now), but that’s a different fandom.

8 Likes

I think I GOTTA go with “When Loving Lovers Love”. MJ and Bill at their absolute best.

14 Likes

I think “Every Country has a Monster” is absolutely jaw dropping. 1 take or 10, I can’t believe they pulled that off. But I always go back to “Hired, the Musical.” I just love that whole thing so much.

12 Likes

Does the bit with the dancing man pipe organ count?

6 Likes

“Hired! The Musical” is absolutely flawless.

11 Likes

It’s hard to pick only one :grinning: A Patrick Swayze Christmas
This is a standard in my house along with a cup of cheer.

Of course Idiot Control is also a family fav.

10 Likes

A tough choice, but Mike’s “I Am Sad.” song from Girl in Gold Boots was the first to come to mind.

14 Likes

“They’re Wild Rebels, crunchy, fruity rebels. Pouring milk on them is like shooting off a gun…”

13 Likes

Nummy Muffin Coocol Butter - it’s so emotional.

7 Likes

It’s a tie between Every Country Has A Monster & United Servo Academy Men’s Chorus for me. Both have permanently been embedded in my mind

9 Likes

The “Forklift songs” and the host segment with the Fugitive Alien medley get me every time. Joel kissing GPC at the end seals it.

“Tibby”, especially Crow’s verse, pops into my head every time I think of salmonella. Surprisingly heartfelt.

“The Pants-Up Song”, especially Frank’s eagerness to do his own verse (and Dr. F’s subsequent disgust) is AWESOME. Joel’s exaggerated facial expressions are the cherry on top.

(honorable mention: the “cornjob will be blamed” song during Gamera vs. Guiron).

11 Likes

I love everyone else’s choices, but the girl-group harmonies in “Where, Oh Werewolf” captured my heart on the very first listen:

18 Likes

Its gotta be the Kaiju rap ( giant monsters are a love of mine!! ) but “Where Oh Werewolf” is a very very close second!

13 Likes

No love for Toobular Boobular?

15 Likes

Gotta go with the “Leave the Bronx” riff in Escape 2000 that Servo effortlessly segues into the chorus of Journey’s “Separate Ways.”

10 Likes