Favorite Musical Sequence/Bit?

The celebration of all that is waffle, from Viking Women vs the Sea Serpent.

7 Likes

I don’t think there’s a song I’ve watched or sung to myself more than The Pants Song (though Let’s Have A Patrick Swayze Christmas comes very, very close).

“SING THE PRAISES OF PANTS!”

Honorable mention- If Chauffeurs Ruled The World. “Oh, push the button, Judy Garland!”

10 Likes

Every Country Has A Monster has become one of my favorite “I’m in the mood to watch some live-action musical scenes from movies/theatre” things ever. Just amazingly fun.

Also the Werewolf medley.

8 Likes

When Frank stops to wonder if the Ace Awards People are watching his performance - for me, that’s what puts this segment from Great to Legendary. It’s one my favorite endings to an episode.:joy:

8 Likes

How could I forget that one? When my wife babysat her 3-year-old niece she would sing that to get her to, well, put on her pants.

That girl’s in college now.

5 Likes

They’re gonna flip their lids no kiddin’ when your script’s over-ridden and veritably drippin’ with CONCEPTS!

“Concepts” is my favourite for sure, it’s a real tongue-twister of a song and Jonah and the bots pull it off so flawlessly.

Also got a lot of love for Master Ninja Theme Song, especially the “live” version with Joel reading the letter over the top. Also much love for Secret Agent Super Dragon jazz; why? Awww man, if you have to ask, you’ll nevah know!

9 Likes

Oooooohhh… tough call here. I’ll definitely echo the mentions of “Every Country Has A Monster”; “Patrick Swayze Christmas”; “Where O Werewolf”; “Creepy Girl”; “Gamera’s Theme”, and even “Concepts”. Honestly most of the musical interludes are worthy of second, third, or however many viewings, but I will say the only song I have on a playlist, because it is ENDLESSLY entertaining to me, is Every Country Has A Monster.

5 Likes

My absolute favorite is “Are You Happy in Your Work?” It’s from my favorite episode, and I sing it all the time. I also do Joel’s cheesy head nod from the host segment. I actually love all the night club songs from the movie.

My husband once serenaded me with “Hired! The Musical” as I was accepting a job offer over the phone.

My twins constantly request to watch “Every Country Has a Monster.” It’s helped them learn where Luxembourg is. They also grew up with the “Pants” song. I feel a sense of parental accomplishment.

11 Likes

Just finished rewatching Terror From the Year 5000 and was reminded of this lovely little ditty. So nice they had to have Kevin dub Mike for it!

6 Likes

Surely I am not alone in my love for The Waffle Song?

8 Likes

( P :pancakes: A :pancakes: N :pancakes: C :pancakes: A :pancakes: K :pancakes: E :pancakes: S )

5 Likes

B :waffle: L :waffle: A :waffle: S :waffle: P :waffle: H :waffle: E :waffle: M :waffle: E :waffle: R !

Oh, wait…!

5 Likes

For real, I love pancakes if I’m going out for breakfast. But at home, it’s hard to cope with the chaos of all that batter just rolling across a simple grill every which way. At home, I’m all about waffles. It’s the control freak in me.

(Of course, there was that one time I fixed Cheddar Cheese Waffles. They were nice and all, but so. much. grease. It almost escaped the bounds of the countertop like a miniature fatally slippery orange Niagara. Got there with ten old rags just in time. Not doing that again. o_0 )

4 Likes

I’m up for whatever, really, though I do prefer the texture of waffles.

Cheddar cheese waffles? Do you mix it into the batter?

5 Likes

Yep. Lots of cheese and butter. (Too much to keep a tidy counter.) I think next time I feel this urge I’ll just take my usual waffle/pancake mix (Bob’s Red Mill) and stir a super-modest amount of shredded cheese in… maybe 1/4 cup. Then watch real carefully. The recipe I used said Irish Cheddar is best. Something to do with its moisture content.

4 Likes

My husband does mashed potato waffles out of leftover mashed potatoes. It works!

6 Likes

Can’t make pancakes? I’m sorry, but I just don’t see this relationship going anywhere.

5 Likes

Oh, I can make them. I just prefer not to. High stress level, low return value. Compared to waffles. (Exception: German pancakes or “Dutch Babies.” Those are confined in a Pyrex™ dish as they bake. The only stressful part is maneuvering the pan in and out of the oven. I don’t own any cast iron pans anymore, which is how they’re traditionally done.)

4 Likes

I legitimately loooooove “Are You Happy In Your Work,” to the point where I sing it to the dog in the mornings as I get ready for work. :sweat_smile:

And Gypsy’s performance of the song in her sketch is wonderful. Tom and Crow scurrying about in the foreground and background with full trays of plates and wearing different outfits is downright Muppet-esque (and I mean that as a high high complement).

7 Likes

The wild, circus-like parody of that scene in Pod People (esp. the mads’ reactions), if that counts.

I’ll also say the “I Am Sad” piece, the whole sketch.

And adding Joel’s unique way with Led Zeppelin’s “Whole Lotta Love” to the mix.

7 Likes