Favorite of the Gizmoplex Vault Picks: Round 1

Zombie Nightmare. Fun film, fun riffs!

5 Likes

They also all have the letter T.

4 Likes

I would say the common theme is ā€œlarge menā€, if Teenagers was replaced with Space Mutiny and She-Creature with any Tor Johnson flick.

3 Likes

After thinking about it, the closest theme I can think of is something to do with ā€œmanipulationā€? In Teenagers itā€™s the alien government trying to get the teens to do their bidding so they can take out humanity. In Zombie Molly is manipulating the dead. In Gor itā€™s the sorcerer and queen trying to manipulate the hero and their subjects. In Moon Men the queen is being controlled by the said Moon Men. In Duplicators youā€™ve got the whole mindless clones thing going on. And of course in She Creature youā€™ve got the pervy Doc and his hypnotism.

Thatā€™s just my hunch, anyway. Iā€™m probably totally wrong :laughing:

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a great insight into it and one I will accept until told otherwise.

I hope one month we get a ā€œTV Movieā€ month. Iā€™ll be hyping those episodes up big time. San Francisco International is my all-time fave, Code Name Diamond Head is top five, and Master Ninja 1 & 2 and Riding with Death are Top 20. I even like the underrated Stranded in Space.

6 Likes

Iā€™m curious, where did we get the idea thereā€™s a theme?

5 Likes

I think the theme is that theyā€™re all MST3K episodes. :laughing:

7 Likes

10 Likes

Zombie Nightmare is up there in my list all-time favorite episodes.

5 Likes

I hate to be a downer, but Iā€™m disappointed in the quality of the classic episodes on the Gizmoplex as compared to what is available on Shoutā€™s website. Maybe Iā€™m too picky or Iā€™m not seeing things clearly, but the Shout episodes look a lot better to me.

Edit: Iā€™m talking about the quality of the video, not the quality of the picks.

4 Likes

These are great episodes IMO, with the exception of The She Creature, which is merely a good episode. The other 5 are all among my favorites.

3 Likes

Oh, I have no problem with the picks. Iā€™m talking about the literal quality of the image. Sorry I wasnā€™t clear. The video on shout looks better.

4 Likes

Sorry I misunderstood.

3 Likes

No, itā€™s my fault. I can totally see how I was unclear.

2 Likes

This was a neat selection of episodes. They all hover somewhere near the line of, ā€œHey, I like that one!ā€ and ā€œI never think of that one.ā€

3 Likes

I think the theme is transportation. Not vehicles, but transportation across Time & Space. In Outlaw, Cabot!Cabot!Cabot!! is transported to Gor. The She-Creature was brought across from past lives by Dr. Lombardi. Voodoo brought baseball zombie back to the realm of the living Canada. Richard Kiel was teleported in Human Duplicators. And Iā€™m guessing the Moon Men are NOT locals in ancient Greece. And itā€™s been a while since I watched Teenagers, but they are from outer space, and their giant lobsters as well.

8 Likes

Rā€¦Tā€¦RTā€¦ Arty! They all have Arty in common. Movie in the hole!

5 Likes

Hmm. Let me share this insight and see if I can find out what the deal is.

Also, LOVING yā€™allā€™s guesses at the monthly theme. Very creative. This first one is kinda broad because we had to move some dates around at one point. I think the subsequent monthly themes will be a little more apparent.

12 Likes

You might be right. Ties in to the Manos live event on the 17th as well.

4 Likes

Sad, Herc is trending low. However, theyā€™re all good

5 Likes