Favorite of the Gizmoplex Vault Picks: Round 4 - June 2022

What do you, the voters at home, think?

9 Likes

“Thong, the fish are ready”

6 Likes

Cave Dwellers will win. I can feel it here, and here…

5 Likes

It warms my heart to see the love for Cave Dwellers. As they say: you never forget your first.

(Not) Sinbad should definitely be second though out of this list.

5 Likes

Short, shameful confession: I enjoyed The Magic Sword unriffed.
(Tubi, Plex & Pluto have it)

Maybe it’s the enjoyment of watching Basil Rathbone chewing up the scenery yet again (looking at you, Hillbillys in a Haunted House) or seeing Estelle Winwood workshop her Aunt Hilda for Batman 66, but it’s got a lot going for it.

Then again, I love Once Upon a Honeymoon riffless, so my opinions are obviously suspect.

7 Likes

One thing about Cave Dwellers that I’ve always wondered about though… The opening host sequence. For some reason there was some sort of “Okay we’re going to use microphones” thing going on and to this day I still don’t get it. Frank and Dr. F. are chatting at the start with mics like they’re in an interview and I suppose using them in that context almost kind of sort of makes a little sense. But then Joel has one in his smoking jacket bit and says “Do what I do…!” and that’s all they used it for and what in the world was that about?

2 Likes

I think he was just supposed to be sassing them back.

3 Likes

If I’m remembering right, the “Do what I do” is from an old commercial. Joel would have needed the mike to have it sound right.
Frank and Dr. F have mikes because they’re recreating The Mike Douglas Show. That’s why Frank says “Daddy, there’s a boy outside” - that’s a line from a Mike Douglas song.

6 Likes

Is the audio out of synch for anyone else on Cave Dwellers? It seems to be okay during the Synthia Selects intro and the gizmoblip in the middle, but the episode itself is out of synch.

It is really noticeable during the foley host segment…

1 Like