Favorite of the Gizmoplex Vault Picks: Round 5 - July 2022 (Mega Monster Month)

I’m surprised there’s not more love for the Packers, woo! Go Packers!

5 Likes

Well, I’m a lifelong Bears fan, so my vote goes to The “Giant” “Gila” “Monster.” And the Lord said laugh, children, laugh.

6 Likes

Is anybody else not seeing the new Vault batch? On Roku & iOS I’m still seeing last month’s episodes. Looking forward to the new Synthia intros!

3 Likes

When I posted this topic, I didn’t find the new Vault Picks on the usual dedicated Vault Picks page, but in the Gizmoplex Member Pass section where all the new episodes, shorts, and event replays are.

If that fails, try entering “Vault” in the Search function. I’m using my laptop instead of a Roku or iOS, but this worked for me on both the VHX site and in the Screening Bunker of the Gizmoplex Virtual Theater.

7 Likes

I did the same thing, then found this under the description for the [OLD] Gizmoplex Vault Picks—looks like June was the last month they were under their own purchase and will be in Member Pass from now on.

8 Likes

Well, in that case, da Bears!

Actually, horrible singing aside, Gila Monster is one of my favorite episodes. I really want more old monster movies!

4 Likes

You rock! That did it. OK, now I can just relax :smiley:

5 Likes

Most excellent! :smiley:

Enjoy, and happy viewing!

4 Likes

I’d like to give a shoutout to Gorgo while I’m here. I’ve always digged the trio of British Cinema featured in Season 9 and the idea they wanted to try their very own Godzilla variant amuses me.

5 Likes

It was an MST3K rarity for a time, too.

Gorgo aired for only one day before it was taken out of Sci-Fi Channel’s broadcast rotation. If you saw it and taped it that day, you were lucky. If you didn’t, well, you hoped for some of those circulated tapes.

5 Likes

I got one of the two only TV showings on tape! Pretty cool I have such a rarity.

2 Likes

This also makes me impressed Shout! found a way to secure proper DVD and streaming rights to Gorgo.

2 Likes

They’ve been working a ridiculous amount of miracles.

Never thought we’d see Quest of the Delta Knights get a streaming release.

And some of those unreleased episodes (at least the ones that aren’t being held up by Susan Hart, Toho, and Wade Williams) aren’t COMPLETELY out of the realm of possibility where an official release is concerned.

4 Likes

I think that’s what I talked about in the other discussion:

1 Like

I never got around to posting in this month’s poll…

I’ll vote Eegah because it’s the funniest of the group - but he kind of doesn’t fit with the others, so if I were going to go with giant mega creatures, I’d take the Deadly Mantis, then Godzilla vs The Sea Monster… buuuuut since they couldn’t be included (stupid rights issues!) I’ll have to select another.

It looks like I have Gorgo ranked one spot ahead of Gamera vs Zigra, with GO PACKERS - WOO HOO! in third.

So, episode - Eegah
Mega Monster - Gorgo (bonus points for Dorkin)

6 Likes

My unerring ability to make the bottom pick every time shines once more. I really enjoy the Eurotrashiness of Devil Fish. That being said, Gamera vs Zigra is right there with it for me.

4 Likes

Surely you mean the Floridatrashiness of it.

4 Likes

There’s a Trans-Atlantic trashiness to whole affair, honestly. It brings together people of many accents, all of whom cannot act.

4 Likes

Oh boy was this a tough call. Eegah is wonderful. And The giant Gila/Ghila monster is one of the all-time best. (Seriously, have you noticed that nobody can settle on how it is pronounced. Even Synthia)

But I got to go with Gorgo. That one just brings the goofy mixed with the dreariness you can only get from Great Briton. Makes it kinda special.

5 Likes

I’d have to go with Eegah. This was one of the first classic episodes I ever got to watch all the way through. This was my favorite episode of all time before seeing City Limits. Still one of my top 10 favorites to this day.

6 Likes